Kinda OT, I Invented Anti-Gravity!!! Now What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mayfieldtm
    • Jul 2002

Kinda OT, I Invented Anti-Gravity!!! Now What?

This last April 1st reminded me of when I was working for a Job shop that built all types of Custom Magnetic Assemblies.
    This was the 70's, my first real job and my introduction to Machining, and probably the most fun place I ever worked.

At least once a month a customer would request a private sit down with the owner with a promise of a fantastic and super secret invention.
    Occasionally, Joe (my boss) would ask me to sit in to observe and listen.
    It nearly always went the same... customer wouldn't say anything until a non-disclosure agreement was signed. That would break the Ice.

What blocks a magnetic field?? or Can I buy a magnet with one pole?? and so on.

I can generate Free power. Or I can oppose gravity. I know I can because I saw it in "Popular Science Magazine".
    Joe would polity try to explain that these things go against the rules of Physics and that it's a waste of time and money, unless they just liked to have fun and experiment.
    100% of the time that was not well accepted and the customer would either buy a load of weird custom shaped Magnets or Joe would be told that he had his head up his ass and was trying to steel their invention.

This is something I've always thought about... Machinists are natural Inventors, they have to be.
    What if you were to come up with a really super fantastic, super World Changing revolutionary invention?
    Suppose you built a thing and it suddenly floated up off you work bench??

What would you do or how could you make any money off it? I could use some extra cash.

A Patent would not work. Every Tom, Dick, Harry and China-man that saw the patents wold start building them.
    You can't afford to sue them all.
    How many Black Helicopters would land with men dressed in black and knock you in the head and keep you for their own.
    You can't tell even one person or you A$$ would be grass.

Would it be best not to try to make anything on it and just publish the free plans all over the Internet as a gift to humanity?
    Even that might be a bad idea... People could very well be hurt by it or by the economics or politics of it.
    Think of all the new War Machines that could be built.

Oh My!! I think I ate something bad for Lunch. I need to run.

Tom M.
  • boslab
    • Dec 2007

I still dont have a clue what magnetism is, ive asked loads of people, no one can provide an answer, ive worked with steel for magnets, well motors and transformers, high and lo silicons, asked the boffins but so far not one explanation, if someone could answer the question the anti whatever question would answer itself, dont think anyone has found out what the question is yet! No its not 42 either
    Most inventions come from asking the right question, what IS magnetism, not what it does
    Like light, what IS it, not what it does, neither have been answered yet, well not conclusivly, keep searching, perhaps your surface plate will levitate without the use of LSD , lol
    Have fun
    Mark

Comment

• Baz
      • May 2013

What you do is.......qualify as a lawyer, forget your crap invention, and make a packet acting for people suing firms who are not really using the patented product but have enough money to be worth wasting years in court.

Comment

• lwalker
        • Jan 2006

You'd show it to your rich friend and get some funding to build a bunch of them. Once you have a few built, they will sell. Use that money to build more and get a jump before they're copied. If you do it right, you can have a few $million in pocket before the huge, lumbering, multinational companies can get their asses in gear long enough to compete with you. By that time, you're sipping mojitos on your private Caribbean island.

Comment

• dp
          • Mar 2005

If you research prior work you'll find you've just described every RC airplane I've ever flown. Not one of them ever came back, either.

Comment

• A.K. Boomer
            • May 2006

Been there done that --- After I invented my anti-gravity free energy machine I was torn at what to do with it,

should I build a few others and get a jump on everyone, maybe a patent make a killing and get rich and on and on,,,

but then I started thinking about mankind and how we destroy everything in our path and we do it mostly due to cheap energy because if we had to actually work at destroying things the planet would actually be doing great because we are some of the biggest laziest sloths on the planet - so there's hope because our free meal ticket is about to run out, so fossil fuel is the great limiter, and there may be hope when it dries up and people actually have to do physical labor in order to survive again - 95% will instantly die,,, this is a good thing cuz then the planet and other critters that have kept us alive might just start making a comeback,,,

so --- congrats and all in finding out something that when I look back on it is really an elementary discovery,,,

but you have a responsibility now,,, you need to keep it too yourself, sure you can keep in in your basement like I do - sure you will never have a power bill again and yes you can sell every back to the power company after you install your fake solar and wind generation plant,,, solar panels that got cranked by lightening are a dime a dozen now and the perfect front...

Last but not least,,, you need a 24/7 companion - someone to guard the Machine come hell or high water,,,

lucky for me I got the "pig" --- Maggie lil pig to be exact,,, she's loyal and will eat everything and anything in sight...

here she is guarding one of my boats...

Comment

• Abner
              • Dec 2009

If you invent an anti-gravitational device you should give it to your worst enemy.

Comment

• fixerdave
                • Oct 2006

On a serious note... if you actually did invent some world-changing bit of technology...

I think the best solution would be to make a web-page, have a link to an off-shore bank account, and put some snake-oil like info on it that promised the moon but actually said nothing about how it works. Demand billions. The first to deposit that amount in the account gets the device and all documentation. Let people laugh for a while.

Then, do some really high-profile publicity stunt. Something that says it's not snake oil. Like, say you have a free-energy device. Enter a solar panel car race, with no panel, and win. Better yet, enter with something like a super-stock race car with an electric motor and no possible way to pack enough batteries in it to move more than 10km, then hit 200kmh on the test track, for hours on end... Something that leaves experts going "how the -bleep- should I know! It can't be done."

Then, disappear with your device. Go live on a boat or something. Let people stew. Have someone else check the website and relay the okay when you get your money.

That's what I'd do... just need the bright idea to get the ball rolling

David...
                http://fixerdave.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Georgineer
                  • Mar 2011

I've often thought about the very similar dilemma facing the nineteenth-century guy who invented the electrolytic process for refining aluminium. Up till then it had been rare and more expensive than gold - I believe one of the baby Napoleons had a rattle made of aluminium as befitted his status - then the price plummeted to the extent that people make throw-away pie dishes out of it. It must have been very tempting to make half a ton in secret then throw away the plans.

George

Comment

• Tony Ennis
                    • Oct 2009

Vulcanizing rubber was so simple to do and so useful that Mr Goodyear's patent was ignored. +1 everyone would pirate it

Comment

• mooney1el
                      • Mar 2006

When I worked in Research, we "invented" the universal solvent...couldn't find anything to keep it in.

Comment

• spongerich
                        • Jul 2011

An anti-gravity machine would be great for bringing to bars..... to pickup women.

Comment

• dp
                          • Mar 2005

An anti-gravity device would be the end of the universe. Once it escapes from Earth it will be repulsed away from the central mass of the solar system. In the vacuum of space it will accelerate quickly away. At some point it will attempt to flee the central mass of the universe and will accelerate beyond the speed of light in a spiral, sucking up all energy in the universe in the process. The universe will disappear from the inside out. Kind of works like the IRS in that regard.

Comment

• Daveb
                            • Dec 2012

A friend ran a company making radio antenna. I sometimes gave him a hand. Very peculiar job was unloading ring magnets for use in mag bases. The boxes weighed about 25KG, the first row of the stack was OK, the top rows were difficult to put down, kept floating off all over the place.
                            No one answered the question; What is magnetism?
                            Does anyone know?

Comment

• mooney1el
                              • Mar 2006

Simple Atomic Theory would have you believe that the magnetic force (magnetism?) of a particular material is a result of unpaired electrons. Do you believe in Atomic Theory?

Comment

Working...
                              X