PDA

View Full Version : Just out of hospital

Alistair Hosie
05-29-2014, 02:36 PM
On friday I developed a very sore throat and inner ear infection ,as well as extensive swelling on the side of my face.A quick call to the doctor had him write me a prescription for antibiotics etc.I started takeing these throughout the night but the pain was incredible.On saturday morning I went off to accident and emergency and the rushed me by ambulance as my throat was closing down etc to hospital some thirty miles away plus a ferry trip .I was diagnosed with LUDWIGS ANGINA not heart related anyway they let me out yesterday and I am still very weak,but improving with the pain well down also the swelling etc.I will be in touch.guys Alistair

PStechPaul
05-29-2014, 02:45 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

http://muttleydog.com/pictures/MuttleyHappy18_200807.jpg

Guido
05-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Hang tuff, Mr. H

--G

Peter.
05-29-2014, 03:45 PM
I just read about it, never even heard of it before this. Sounds awfully painful, take care Alistair.

Yow Ling
05-29-2014, 04:18 PM
I think its other name "Morbus Strangularis" sounds far more exotic.
Keep taking the pills and ointment , wishing you a quick recovery

TGTool
05-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Whoa, glad you got diagnosis and treatment as soon as you did. Also wishing you a speedy recovery.

chip's
05-29-2014, 06:02 PM
Same as above, have a quick recovery.

mikem
05-29-2014, 06:20 PM
Get well quickly! We can't let any more of the interesting personalities here get sick and go into injured reserve status!

tyrone shewlaces
05-29-2014, 06:23 PM
Clumsy bastard...

sasquatch
05-29-2014, 06:33 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery Alistair!!

mike4
05-29-2014, 07:09 PM
Get well soon , we need some one to give Sir John the occasional stir.

Michael

Black_Moons
05-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Get well soon!

A.K. Boomer
05-29-2014, 09:33 PM
Speedy recovery Mr. Hosie

:)

RetiredFAE
05-29-2014, 10:55 PM
Get well quick, Sir!

Here in Southern Nevada, the cure for that is often described as being copious amounts of fine alcoholic spirits and a parade of scantily clad dancing girls through the patients room.

Don't know if that is the actual cure or not, but I suppose for some it might make the convalescent period go by faster.

At any rate, hope you recover quickly, and glad to hear they didn't doddle taking you to the hospital.

A.K. Boomer
05-29-2014, 11:13 PM
Here in Southern Nevada, the cure for that is often described as being copious amounts of fine alcoholic spirits and a parade of scantily clad dancing girls through the patients room.

Can't be the cure, if it was Mr. Hosie never would have got sick in the first place...

JRouche
05-30-2014, 01:23 AM
On saturday morning I went off to accident and emergency and the rushed me by ambulance as my throat was closing down etc to hospital some thirty miles away plus a ferry trip Alistair

Thats scarey Alistair!! When we cant breath its one scarey time. Make sure to take ALL the antibiotics that are given, even if you are runnin to the toilet all the time because of them. Then once healed from that get them chompers checked out. Im sure everything I said is what the Drs said, just reiterating the importance. Glad you got on the phone instead of doing a "lets see if the meds kick in" type thing.

Get well Sonny... JR

krutch
05-30-2014, 02:03 PM
Wish you a speedy heal up!
I had the rest of my teeth removed 'bout week and a half ago. The saliva duct on left side was damaged during the excavation and gland swelled to the point swallowing was super painful. This Tues, during post op check-up, Dr. decided to admit me to hospital to correct issue. Suffice it to say they dug a trench in the bottom of my lower left side jaw using the original duct for the route and laying a pipe then sewing it in place. If it does not work they will try a second time. If that still don't work they will have to remove that gland. From outside the jaw which puts the nerve for the lower lip in jeopardy. Screw that nerve up and I may have to deal with a Ubangi lip for the rest of my time on this rock.
Anyway, the ordeal from tooth removal, swollen gland, swallowing pain, and all else has been a real treat. Hope you didn't have the pain I did. Still have!

boslab
05-30-2014, 02:51 PM
What you had isn't funny, i have tried it and the end result was the removal of my bloody teeth!, i only had 2 fillings in 47 years!
Not a nice process
Take care
Mark

rohart
05-30-2014, 07:01 PM
Whew ! Not funny. Glad you're through that one, Alistair.

Mouth stuff is no joke. But I hear someone's using lasers to get stem cells to manufacture dentine. If they get it making enamel too, that's the beginning of the next stage of dental treatment.

Every time I have dental treatment - and I've had at least two root canals so far - I just think of what it would have been like before anaesthetics !

Are you using those new little coloured brushes to keep everything in order ?

MrSleepy
05-30-2014, 07:53 PM
Wish you a speedy heal up!
I had the rest of my teeth removed 'bout week and a half ago.

Glad to see Alistair back quickly...but the stories from you OFs make me cringe.

I'm 46 and since a cold in January I've had catarrh on the right side of my sinuses ,which also lead to my inner ear filling with water (no infection though). At night the liquid moves , so I wake to with perfect hearing,but as the day progresses it returns to deafness , but with a constant loud white noise . It could take 6-18months to get rid of the catarrh anh the ear liquid.

Rob

boslab
05-30-2014, 08:31 PM
The fang manglers over here mostly use local anesthetics, they do work unless your mouth or gum is infected, when it is the things just take a bit of the edge off, not deaden the area, having teeth pulled like that borders on barbaric, i went in for what they call dental clearance, it was so bad it caused my second heart attack, they used so much local anesthetic that contains adrenalin, i have been most unimpressed with dentists ever since, and the twat that did it sent me a bill for $1600 to add insult, closely followed by a debt recovery letter!
I sympathise with those abused by so called professional medical people.
I hope you get well soon, one of the antibiotics for it has the interesting side effect if you dare put any alcohol in your system, you puke, a lot, aparently they use it to cure alcoholics?, least that what they told me!
Get well soon
Mark

dp
05-30-2014, 11:48 PM
Stay well, Alistair - we're glad you're here to complain about your ailments because we'd miss you dearly if you weren't. But don't get tangled in your wood lathe again. That was enough trauma for one lifetime.

Cuttings
05-30-2014, 11:59 PM
Sounds a bit scary to me. Hope you recovery quickly.

Allan Waterfall
05-31-2014, 05:41 AM
Look after yourself and wear your winter lining under your kilt.

Allan

sasquatch
05-31-2014, 08:02 AM
Just heard of a very similar case of this that happened to a guy 3 weeks ago. Not sure what the cure was.