PDA

View Full Version : Holke Mill

George Seal
07-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Anyone have any information on this mill

jcurrell
07-28-2014, 05:09 PM
Anyone have any information on this mill
I have one , it is a Spanish machine ,can be fitted with R8 or 40 taper, mine is over 30 years old and a good machine. I also used 1 for more than 20 years at York university.

plunger
07-28-2014, 05:35 PM
I think mine is also a holke. My mill is a variable speed iso 40 but is rebranded as a mitco. I live in s africa so its far from home. Have you a photo . It would be interesting to see what a holke looks like.

Peter S
07-28-2014, 10:25 PM
We have a Holke turret mill at work, has been doing good work since about 1987 (bought used, but probably 1980's). Made in Spain.

40 taper is good. We use a Larcher autolock (same as Clarkson) for milling cutters.

The head is a Bridgeport copy (except for the spindle taper), but the vari-speed drive is much better than BP. It doesn't wear out and rattle like a BP. Fittings, like handles etc. are not as good, they break off, e.g. brake lever has broken, spindle power feed doesn't work and a few other bits that don't matter....

The table and ways are more substantial than BP, and the table power feed is a proper motor and gearbox with clutch lever for rapids or feeds. However, our feed motor died, twice, (probably coolant) so feed gearbox was removed (easy), it makes the table much lighter.

Centralised lube system built into the table.

Good machine, not as well made as a Bridgeport, but improved in several areas (vari-speed, table ways, table feeds and spindle taper options).

I have a manual if anyone needs a copy.

I found a poor photo:

Nb. that DRO is the original Teledyne Gurley Pathfinder, still going well. Coolant on the glass scales has been the only problem fixed by better sealing and making a swarf cover for the Y axis scale.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/PeterS/Holke_zpsc01d424a.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/PeterS/media/Holke_zpsc01d424a.jpg.html)

pierre
10-21-2014, 12:44 PM
hi PETER,
I HAVE F-11-V AND I AM LOOKING FOR SOME PARTS FOR DE QUILL HEADS ASSEMBLY.
LOOKING FOR SOME SMALL GEARS (CLUSTER SHAFT) ETC, I HAVE SOME PICTURE OF THE PARTS !
I NEED HELP BECAUSE THE HEAD IS APART ON MY WORKING BENCH AND I DID FIND ANYBODY TO HELP ME TO FIND THESE PARTS (DEALER ETC)
FROM WHAT I SAW FROM SOMEBODY THE BRIDTPORT MODEL (PICTURE) ARE LOOK ALIKE BUT THE SAME DIMENSION.
HELP PLEASE.