PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk is Up and Running

George Bulliss
08-25-2014, 02:32 PM
A while back I mentioned that we were going to get Tapatalk enabled on the forum. It's now in place and seems to work fine.

For those who may not know what this is: It's a service for viewing this forum and others on mobile devices, like phones and tablets. The app is a free download and is pretty easy to work. It only took a few minutes to get it installed and running on my Android phone.

Let me know if you are having any problems with it.

MrFluffy
08-29-2014, 07:12 PM
:thumbup:

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk 2

dp
08-29-2014, 08:35 PM
I got fed up with it and removed it from the two forums I had it installed on. Too much work, and it is impossible to know that the rogue visitors are doing with it because it doesn't log what they're doing. I had 20,000 hits from one visitor last week with no clue what they were doing but my guess is they were trying a brute force password search.

techonehundred
08-30-2014, 12:30 AM
Thanks for doing this. It is great to have this on Tapatalk.

George Bulliss
08-30-2014, 10:36 AM
Thanks for doing this. It is great to have this on Tapatalk.

Glad you are getting some use out of it.

I had a number of requests for it back when we updated the site but couldn't get it installed. Fortunately, there have been some changes in IT and things happen much more quickly. One previous guy was straight out of a Dilbert cartoon...

dp
08-30-2014, 01:05 PM
Not trying to be a party pooper, but... This is worth a quick read if you are or are not a tapatalk user. https://tapatalk.com/privacy.php. Pay attention to statements regarding third-parties, and tracking beacons. What they consider PII information and what you consider PII information may be at odds. Their privacy policy declares you have little privacy or expectation of privacy.

It is also useful to know they have access to non-tapatalk user information even though those users have not and cannot grant permission.

It is well known that many people don't care about any of this and so nobody cares about their opinion. That's fine but they're going to share them anyway. For those who do care it is worth asking questions.

k2man
09-02-2014, 01:57 AM
I really like Tapatalk. I Have been using it on a couple of other forums, and it makes the forums simple to use. The one bad thing is that it doesn't show signatures, or posters location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MrFluffy
09-02-2014, 04:39 AM
You can configure your signature in tapatalk itself, I usually disable it (the sent from my a101t above was a bit of a joke), but you can add a custom signature in the setup itself.

k2man
09-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Thanks - I'll look for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk