PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to George!

38_Cal
08-29-2014, 05:33 PM
I recently emailed George Bulliss, our host and publisher, about the Gunsmith Machining class I'm starting to teach, mentioning that I'm strongly urging my students to visit this site to see what's being done and discussed by the membership. I want them to see what great workmanship you guys turn out in your projects...and also to get the idea that they can do similar quality work.

With no request to do so from me, George volunteered that he had a number of past issue magazine copies around the office, and did I think that the students might find their contents helpful? Of course, I replied...and today the box arrived! I'm humbled and thankful to him for his kind offer and his follow through on it! :cool:

Yep, they were on the magazine copies like locusts within moments of my mentioning them...loot of any type is welcomed by students! Hopefully some of them will chime in on the forums, and also they will follow up on the magazine copies with subscriptions!

Thanks, again, George,

David :D

Bob Ford
08-29-2014, 06:31 PM
George is a smart man. This could very well spark different ideas and people to bring them up. This group is diverse with a few of us in a rut.

Bob

Paul Alciatore
08-30-2014, 02:55 AM
Yea, and it might spark some new subscriptions. Smart like a fox. Probably the cheapest advertisement of the magazines he could possibly find.

Frankly I sometimes wonder just how long paper magazines will last in this digital world. I am saving my back copies, they may be worth a lot some day.

George is a smart man. This could very well spark different ideas and people to bring them up. This group is diverse with a few of us in a rut.

Bob

George Bulliss
08-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Actually, we've done this a number of times before. The publications director was a teacher for years and he encourages me to help schools in any way I can, as he did with the editors before. No real plans on getting a load of new subs; these are students with student sized budgets after all.

Since pulling magazines out of inventory requires more hoops to jump through than you can imagine, I hoard copies when I can from leftover author and advertiser comps. This way I only have to explain the postage. Just sent packages out to the Black Hills, Estevan, Mid-East Ohio, and OWAMOS(?) shows. Hope to make it to the Ohio show next year, but couldn't get away this time.

Anyone who would like magazine copies for educational purposes can contact me through a PM or via my company email (found in the masthead of the magazines).