PDA

View Full Version : Wanted better manual for my milling machine

Alistair Hosie
05-19-2004, 03:20 PM
I have a German Fritz Werner Berlin milling machine it is model number 5 -160 .
I have a copy of the original handbook but the photocopy is so poor in some parts as to be virtually unrecognizable.
I have tried to find out if they are still on the go and seen a few Fritz Werner modern machines for sale on Ebay.
I also tried Google to find them to see if I could buy a manual but no joy tony'slathes doesn't do this one.( they were desperate for my copy according to the guy who sold me the mill) any ideas would be apreciated thanks guys .
also getting close to building the machine shop and am getting everything ready to get going will keep ypou informed when I have finished please let me know about the Fritz Werner they were imported into UK by the sole imported Rockwell tools ltd London

MikeHenry
05-19-2004, 11:46 PM
Alistair,

You might try running a web search on the brand & model. This will probably turn up at least a few machine shops that have one on their facilities list. Then try emailing each one to see if they have an original manual and would be willing to sell you a copy. If you are lucky, you might find one in your area that will let you borrow the manual long enough to make your own copy.

Mike

Alistair Hosie
05-20-2004, 07:45 AM
How do you do that? Alistair

MikeHenry
05-21-2004, 12:55 AM
Alistair,

Er - how do you do what?

I'm assuming that you've run web searches before, but if not I'll try to help.

Mike

Alistair Hosie
05-22-2004, 03:14 PM
If you mean with google I tried that but it seems Fritz Werner was a very famous firm even have a street named after them in Berlin.Fritz Werner Strasse.I found out that they went bust in 1995 or so it seems but I fell they maybe also are still going I will try again the make and model number is
Fritz Werner aktiengesellschaft Berlin-Marienfelde combination multi purpose milling machine type 5.160 WS any others find out anything please ;let me know also John is going to try to help me clean up the document I have, so a big thenks
mr J Stevenson.Regards to all my friends Alistair

MikeHenry
05-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Does it look at all like this one?

http://www.cadillacmachinery.com/gear/other.htm

I ran a Google search on ["Fritz Werner" mill*] and came up with several hits including the link above, some from dealers and some from machine shops. Try slogging through the 339 hits from the search string above and maybe you'll get lucky.

You might also try the Practical Machinist board, but some there seem a might touchy on the subject of manuals so tread lightly.

Mike

Alistair Hosie
05-23-2004, 11:18 AM
NO mike the machine I have is a toy compared to that, but very nice for it's compact sizen here it is regards Alistair

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/0903/tybachdai/Fritz%20Werner%20Milling%20machine/?PHPSESSID=5d6d6c9ef86413e6c759ac562677c9f5

jim davies
05-23-2004, 06:29 PM
A very nice mill, Alistair. Did you buy it in that beautiful condition, or are these "after" pictures?

Alistair Hosie
05-23-2004, 06:37 PM
These are the pictures of it exactly as I bought it.
I have since (yesterday and the day before to be exact) repainted it exactly the same clour.
As the chap who sold it to me did not do the back of the machine as he could not get into it easily looks even better now regards and thanks for kind comments. Alistair

MikeHenry
05-24-2004, 12:14 AM
Alistair,

That looks like a very nice mill!

I'd try the search string mentioned upthread and start looking through the hits to see if you can a dealer or shop that has one and would be willing to make you a copy of the manual. Might even get lucky with some accessories they might be willing to sell.

Mike