PDA

View Full Version : OT Water softeners

Rustybolt
09-13-2014, 10:40 AM
I figured if anybody knows anything about them It would it would be you bunch of know it alls.
Mine has crapped out. It was a GE that I've had to continually fiddle with sine almost the day it was new.
As usual I'm looking for the most for a limited budget.
Any suggestions?

KMoffett
09-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Take a look at Kinetico.

Ken

Jon Heron
09-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Take a look at Kinetico.

Ken

+1
Jon

RWO
09-13-2014, 01:12 PM
I have a Culligan Gold Series unit that has been in service for 8 years with perfect performance. All I have ever done is to fill the salt tank about every 3 months.

RWO

SGW
09-13-2014, 03:18 PM
My parents had a Culligan water softener when I was growing up. It lasted -- 30+ years? -- and was still going when they sold the house. Virtually no problems with it.

I installed a no-name water softener in my house, when I bought a house. It was almost always giving trouble of one sort or another.

I don't have a water softener in my current house, but I have an under-the-sink filter I got from these guys: http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/
They sell water softeners, too. Just judging from the filter I have, I would expect their water softeners to be pretty good. (Usual disclaimers.)

IdahoJim
09-13-2014, 07:23 PM
+2 for Kinetico

mooney1el
09-14-2014, 09:39 AM
First, a disclaimer. I am not a salesman for any products. I have an older private label system at my rental mobile home (uses GE Autotrol valves) and have a RainSoft system at my personal home (purchased used, repaired and installed by me to replace a private label system) but I would never buy a new one from a RainSoft representative.

In my opinion, a Kinetico system will be beyond a "limited budget". These systems are sold and serviced by factory authorized sources only and installed prices will be in the $3000 range.

I have installed several systems for my friends using Fleck valves, but you'd need a good water analysis before recommending the correct components. There are many good online sources for customer installed systems, at reasonable prices. Three of my friends purchased complete systems from OhioPureWater where shipping was "free"

Richard