PDA

View Full Version : Does this Part Number Identify an Angle Plate for the Ammco shaper?

GJR
09-28-2014, 01:24 PM
I just acquired a small angle plate (3" x 2" x 2") with S65 1 cast into same. I believe it came from an Ammco shaper but have no documentation that shows this part number. Can anyone here help me with this ID? Thank you. Gary R.

ammcoman2
09-28-2014, 06:32 PM
I think you are correct. All the castings on my unit have an "S" before the number.

Perhaps this confirms your hunch. The Ammco shaper manual shows a picture of a 3x2x2 angle plate in the accessories section.

Geoff

GJR
09-29-2014, 12:55 AM
Geoff, I agree with your response. But I was hoping someone can say it definitely is. The oldest documentation with part numbers that I have is the 1950 instruction manual which covers the Delta-Rockwell and Ammco. And it doesn't even mention the angle plate. The Delta-Rockwell instruction manual from 1955 has the angle plate with the part number 27-895. From my research Delta-Rockwell bought the shaper design from Ammco in 1948. I also have an Ammco brochure that shows the angle plate but doesn't show the part number. I've searched the net but have found no other documentation with the number I have. It's frustrating that I can't verify this. Someone must have an Ammco parts list prior to 1948. Thanks. Gary R.

ammcoman2
09-29-2014, 09:59 AM
I have an "Instructions and Parts price list" for the 7" Ammco shaper with a received stamp date of May 22, 1946 and there is no mention of the angle plate - only the dividing unit and rotary table.

It refers to machines with serial numbers beginning with SH 1111500.

The reference I initially gave is from The Rockwell/ Delta manual form AD-615. Perhaps it wasn't offered when Ammco made the units.

Geoff

ammcoman2
09-29-2014, 10:12 AM
I stand corrected.

just had another look at my Ammco manuals (in PDF format) and found one for Ammco 7" shapers and it does have the angle plate listed as an accessory. It (the manual) looks just the same as the one I mentioned in the previous post.

Geoff

GJR
09-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Geoff, Is your 1946 manual in PDF format? Can I get a copy? What Ammco manual that you have shows the angle plate? Does it also show the part number? Thanks. Gary R.

ammcoman2
09-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Gary.

The 1946 (received) instructions are a paper copy that came with my 6" shaper. I could scan it and send it to you if you like. You will be interested in the prices for the various components!

The Ammco manual that I have appears to be nearly the same as the Delta/Milwaukee one. I have these in PDF format - both are about 10Mb in size. The latter lists a part number for the angle plate (No. 27-895) but there is no number in the Ammco one.

Geoff

GJR
09-30-2014, 09:01 AM
Geoff, I also own one of the older 6" Ammco shapers. I would really appreciate having a copy of the 1946 manual. We probably have the same Delta/Milwaukee ones if they are dated 1950 and 1955. If you have other dates I would like to have just for the reference. If you like please send to my email at gjrepesh@yahoo.com. Again, thanks for your help. I wonder if anyone would interested in pictures of the angle plate? I'm also curious if it was marketed for any other machines they sold? I've mentioned angle plates for these shapers in other forums in the past. If anyone owned this accessory they kept quiet. Can they be that rare? Gary R.

ammcoman2
09-30-2014, 07:34 PM
I think the 1950 and '55 ones you have are the same as mine.

I have to think that they (Ammco angleplates) are as rare as hen's teeth! I've often used a generic angle plate on my shaper - mainly as a stop.

I have sent the pages you requested

Geoff