PDA

View Full Version : hydraulics

jeff
04-13-2001, 06:29 PM
has anyone done any work with 1/4 or 1/8 scale hydraulics as in construction equiptment. or any work with scale model diesel engines,any information would be very helpful thanks.

Royce
04-29-2001, 06:52 PM
Jeff
I have not done any work with model hydraulics, but have done a lot on farm equipment and I don't think scale systems would be too tough. It would depend on if you just wanted models to function or to actually lift materials. If you have access to Toy Farmer Magazine or a Dakota Toys catalog you might find model hyd. systems in 1/16 scale, they used to be available but I have not looked at those things for several years. I have been considering building a 1/8 scale Farmhand Loader with working hyd. for a toy tractor but I consider a lot of things and don't get too many done. Good luck on your project.
Royce

brock25
04-27-2002, 03:11 PM
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THEM ?

Thrud
04-27-2002, 04:42 PM
jeff:
A gentlemen in England built a excavator and was letting kids play with it at one of the big shows over there. It could actually be used in a garden or yard. The tracks were completely functional as they should be.

Hyraulics is the same regardless of hose size. To do greater physical work would require greater pressures through the smaller hoses. Aeroquip has stainless steel braid over teflon hose to working pressures far in excess of what you might need. Contact them and see what they offer, they may be able to steer you to another supplier for anything they do not have.

Also search www.thomasregister.com (http://www.thomasregister.com) they have in excess of 85,000 manufacturers listed.

Raymond Clifford builds stunning scale metal models of construction equipment. He also does custom casting. He may be able to help you.

Sherwood Model Maufacturing
R.R. 4
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Canada T8A 3K4
(780) 464-0998

bspooh
04-27-2002, 05:17 PM
Hydraulics is my business..I can help you in any way, if you need..just e mail me if you have a question about hydraulics...

brent

Thrud
04-28-2002, 07:59 PM
Listen to Brent, his company makes nice tools.