PDA

View Full Version : *** Note to member MFolks ***

tlfamm
10-24-2014, 10:20 AM
You, Sir, have created a bit of a dilemma for yourself by cross-posting _verbatim_ and _without_ attribution an entire post from this forum - and you have done this (so I am informed) on at least two other forums. Bad Form indeed.

But there is a simple, and painless (to yourself) remedy:

Edit any relevant post of yours on any another forum to include a link to the original source of the material on _this_ forum:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/threads/64762-OT-Fun-with-a-borescope

This is a completely reasonable request - and the use of the original source link is in fact the appropriate practice to use. Perhaps you suffered a momentary lapse in judgement in neglecting to do this in the first place. I might add that duplicating an _entire_ post is generally beyond the pale, but as the post in question was rather small, I don't really have a problem with that, so long as proper attribution is given.

Edit your extra-forum posts, and let's get back to life as usual at HSM.

J. Randall
10-24-2014, 01:55 PM
It is not unusual to see the same person posting the exact same post on several different forums, and using a different screen name on each one. I am not saying that is the case here, but it could be.
James

George Bulliss
10-24-2014, 02:01 PM
I'm not so sure the public approach is the best way to handle this and can see this blowing up pretty quickly. I think sending a PM to discuss this in private would be more appropriate.