PDA

View Full Version : My Lathe Dog

JimDobson
10-28-2014, 06:52 PM
My Lathe Dog

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2904/14084136157_c35453c679_b.jpg

KJ1I
10-28-2014, 06:58 PM
Let me guess -- you're into automobiles?

Great mug shot!

oil mac
10-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Nice dog, Is he old?

A.K. Boomer
10-28-2014, 07:07 PM
Cool looking pooch - has that salvage yard look to em, just like my gurls, happy with a word of encouragement and a milk bone at the end of the day... best friend a guy could ever want... I miss my one gurl - but am now taking the other for long brisk walks trying to get her back into shape...

Peter.
10-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Such a forlorn looking pooch! Does he not approve of mini-lathes?

JimDobson
10-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Thanks fella's, he's 3.5 years old and he's like Velcro to me.......a truly wonderfully loyal friend.

JimDobson
10-28-2014, 07:25 PM
such a forlorn looking pooch! Does he not approve of mini-lathes?

lol :)

JimDobson
10-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Such a forlorn looking pooch! Does he not approve of mini-lathes?

Here's another photo, not so depressed over the Sieg C6 or Mini-Mill purchase

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7381/8728007012_7500f6d518_b.jpg

PStechPaul
10-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Nice photo, great dog! Coincidentally, I just got back from my shop where I was making my first attempt at single point threading, while Muttley guarded the door. He looked at me intently and cocked his head with great interest as I opened a plastic container of lathe bits - it's the same container that originally held some yummy lunch meats or cheese and he picked up the sound, much as he does when I open a can.

http://muttleydog.com/pictures/Muttley_1518.jpg

This is what he does to a can if he finds it in the recycling bin with even a hint of good stuff inside:

http://muttleydog.com/pictures/MuttleyDogFoodCan2.JPG

A.K. Boomer
10-28-2014, 07:51 PM
Wow Jim that's an award winning photo, absolutely awesome...

edit; blue heeler right? im very curious about those pooches - they seem to be very intelligent but not as high strung as some other similar types (like border collie's)

if I could get away with it id get me a Hyena, that would be the bomb...

http://assets.coolhunting.com/coolhunting/mt_asset_cache/culture/assets/images/hyena9.jpg

JimDobson
10-28-2014, 08:18 PM
Nice dog Paul :)

JimDobson
10-28-2014, 08:20 PM
Yes Boomer, he's an Australian Blue Cattle Dog AKA Blue Heeler.

They aren't anything like a high strung sheep dog like a Border Collie, but they still need a lot of one on one time.

mike4
10-28-2014, 10:33 PM
Great company at night and will let you know if there are strays about , thats people .

Michael

YukonHam
11-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Let me guess -- you're into automobiles?

Great mug shot!

Would that be a "great mutt shot"?

plunger
11-01-2014, 01:38 PM
In S Africa that dog would resemble what we call a" Pavement Special" .A combination of many different breeds.They normally make the best nature d dogs as opposed to highly pedigreed dogs that sometimes show flaws in personality(think vicious) But I think that is a pedigreed dog.Is it a Australian only dog?Does Australia have different breeds that are only Australian.?I can only think of two breeds in my country that are only african and that is a boer bull and a ridgeback.You are a lucky man to have such a good companion.I lost my 16 year old alsation two nights ago. I saw her take her last breath and I really miss her.Dont you have problems with snakes in Australia? Or is your dog clever enough

The Artful Bodger
11-01-2014, 03:10 PM
I would love to have a blue heeler (didnt we used to call them Queensland Blue Heeler?) for a companion but 600 sq metres of lawn would be a bit unfair to him.

We used to have about 20 dogs on the farm, mostly Border Collies and NZ Huntaway, working dogs of course. They all piled on the truck, ten working dogs, five or so young dogs learning the skills and five or so too old to do useful work but always insistent on being taken along.

A really good dog would get to spend their twilight years lying on a sack in front of the kitchen coal range.

sasquatch
11-01-2014, 05:52 PM
There are quite a few "Blue Heelers" here in canada, Lots on farms as cattle dogs.

JimDobson
11-01-2014, 06:05 PM
In S Africa that dog would resemble what we call a" Pavement Special" .A combination of many different breeds.They normally make the best nature d dogs as opposed to highly pedigreed dogs that sometimes show flaws in personality(think vicious) But I think that is a pedigreed dog.Is it a Australian only dog?Does Australia have different breeds that are only Australian.?I can only think of two breeds in my country that are only african and that is a boer bull and a ridgeback.You are a lucky man to have such a good companion.I lost my 16 year old alsation two nights ago. I saw her take her last breath and I really miss her.Dont you have problems with snakes in Australia? Or is your dog clever enough

Yes the Australian Blue Heeler (Australian Cattle Dog) is a pure breed.

Sorry about the loss of your friend.

plunger
11-02-2014, 03:43 AM
AK I saw a picture of a group of Debt collectors from Nigeria who use hynenas as part of there intimidation image. These guys were scary looking enough without there "pet" hyenas.