PDA

View Full Version : Internally splined hubs

trailermaniac
12-07-2014, 05:31 AM
Can anyone help me with information in regards to measuring and specifying (data required on drawing) for the internal splines of a batch of hubs I need to have manufactured?

duckman
12-07-2014, 09:13 AM
The biggest thing is know if they are root or crest mount, had a customer that ordered there own replacement gears for there lathe and they came in wrong he ordered crest drive but they were root drive (yeah I know the spline drives but the crest or root determines radial location).

Zahnrad Kopf
12-07-2014, 01:37 PM
Can anyone help me with information in regards to measuring and specifying (data required on drawing) for the internal splines of a batch of hubs I need to have manufactured?

There's a bit to know. Type of Spline, driving feature, etc... Machinery's Handbook and AGMA would be first places to look...

oldtiffie
12-07-2014, 08:51 PM
I don't like to "dob John Stevenson in" ("it") but I really do hesitate to do it.

So far as I am aware and so far as I know, he is the "Subject Matter Expert" here on "spline" matters - there may be others too - but John has the knack of being a good communicator and very practical and has had lots of experience from it.

It would be of a lot of assistance if you were to include some good pics and typed description of its shape and purpose as it would be an imposition to ask him to assist you with your task as he is a busy man and has other obligations too.