X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Black Forest
    • Jan 2010

OT: Busted today with a DUI

Everyone knows this time of year is one of good cheer. Well I had just a little too much good cheer and got busted. Below is my mug shot. Yes I know I have a problem but really I can stop any time I want to. I have done it lots of times. Schoko is the word for chocolate in German. My daughter saw this today when she was shopping and had to buy it for me. I do have a problem with chocolate and will try to cut down right after the holidays. Or not!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!
  • gvasale
    • Mar 2002

Close, but no cigar.
    gvasale

Comment

• Alistair Hosie
      • Aug 2002

Schokolade in Germany is very different from Chocolate in the UK.They have very much less sugar or sweeteners in Germany.Guten appetite.Do they still sell negerkusse ? Alistair
      Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

• flylo
        • Apr 2011

I'd like german chocolate becuse I like mine dark & not real sweet. As for quitting after the holidays, they are allways something to celebrate such as waking up on the green side of the grass.

DUI= Duetche ugly individual? just kidding
        Last edited by flylo; 12-16-2014, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• PStechPaul
          • Oct 2013

A friend once took a box of chocolates that contained a little snort of Cognac or Schnapps, to someone's house for a party, and they very strongly objected to his "bringing liquor" which was somehow against their religious dogma. Or perhaps they were alcoholic, and very often ex-drinkers and ex-smokers can be over-the-top in their abhorrence of the substance that caused their addiction and subsequent problems.

I have heard that DUI is a very serious offense in Germany, where you can lose your license for life, and serve jail time. But I don't know what the legal limit is. Usually in the US when there is a serious accident and the driver was impaired, the BAL has been tested at 2-3 times the legal limit (which I think is 0.05%). Yet groups like MADD seem to push for reducing this limit rather than making punishment for the higher levels more severe. I have heard that having a cold, perhaps combined with the ingestion of symptomatic relief substances such as anti-histamines and nasal decongestants, causes an impairment equivalent to or above that caused by alcohol. When people have a cold or the flu, they should stay home and rest, rather than "tough it out" as urged by advertisers of cold remedies, and thus spreading their germs to others.

And, yes, I am a chocoholic!
          http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
          Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
          USA Maryland 21030

Comment

• GEP
            • Jan 2013

Deutsche thats the way its spelled

Comment

• oldtiffie
              • Nov 1999

Chocko has a different meaning here.

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Tell me BF, is the "mug" in the pic just a pic of the head/face or of the whole person?
              Last edited by oldtiffie; 12-16-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• brian Rupnow
                • Mar 2008

Damn--you're almost as good looking as I am!!!----
                Brian Rupnow
                Design engineer
                Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• oldtiffie
                  • Nov 1999

Through the looking glass Brian?

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Fancy drawing and dimensioning in the "Fourth Dimension"?

Comment

• PixMan
                    • Sep 2009

If you're going to get busted, that's the only way to do it!

And FYI to those who don't know: BF is faking it pretty good on being Deutsche. He's a Yank at heart.

Comment

• Black Forest
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by PixMan View Post
                      If you're going to get busted, that's the only way to do it!

And FYI to those who don't know: BF is faking it pretty good on being Deutsche. He's a Yank at heart.
                      Damn Yankee's go home! I am from Texas! Remember the Alamo!

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

• Black Forest
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by brian Rupnow View Post
                        Damn--you're almost as good looking as I am!!!----
                        Brian I feel sorry for you if you are just a little bit better looking than me! Actually I look more like George Clooney but the make-up artists did a fine job for the picture.

Comment

• Old Hat
                          • Mar 2014

Now that that's out of the way, how bout some pics of yer Horses?
                          I need cheering up. If I don't get the OK for weld-up...........
                          I'm 3 parts down the tubes tonight.

Comment

• Black Forest
                            • Jan 2010

I have repented my evil ways! This is the new Bruce. Think Bruce Almighty!

Comment

• tlfamm
                              • Mar 2010

Now that is a Texan.

Eugene (son of a Texan).

Comment

Working...
                              X