View Full Version : kind of dialindicautor?

12-25-2014, 05:23 PM
Hi and merry Christmas.
I was given this indicator, and I can't for my life imaging how to use it. I have searc the web but no luck. I hope somone here can help me.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w295/crankshafter/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/20141225_193046_zpsf3889qhf.jpg (http://s179.photobucket.com/user/crankshafter/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/20141225_193046_zpsf3889qhf.jpg.html)URL=http://s179.photobucket.com/user/crankshafter/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/20141225_192841_zps5e73il7i.jpg.html]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w295/crankshafter/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/20141225_192841_zps5e73il7i.jpg[/URL]
Best Reg.

12-25-2014, 05:53 PM
It is a comparator. You put it in a stand and set the height with gage block and you adjust the stand to read zero for that setup. Then you put the parts you want to measure under to see the deviation. The cable allow you to lift the plunger without actually touching the indicator.

These are mostly for final QA stuff.

12-25-2014, 06:16 PM
Hi macona.
That make sence. Thank you for enlighting me. So now I only need a set of gageblocks and a granite-table $$$. Well well.