• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spin Doctor
    • Nov 2002

A new machinery source for the HSM

Foundthis linkover at the Practical Machinist site:

While the machinery looks to be primarily far eastern in origin some may be East European. One of the lathes looks pretty cute. A lever operated bench lathe with tail stock. Capacity up to 30mm in collets.
    Forty plus years and I still have ten toes, ten fingers and both eyes. I must be doing something right.
  • brunneng
    • Oct 2001

The Lathe-Basic-Plus has an interesting looking telescopic leadscrew baffle. gives me some ideas.

Comment

• PSD KEN
      • May 2003

The basic appears to be from the same litter as the 12X36's from H.F. Grizz. and Birmingham.
      But costs 1k more

Comment

• DR
        • Jan 2003

A while back out of the blue I received the Knuth catalog in the mail.

Interesting stuff. Some of the technical specs are grossly wrong which would give me pause if I was about to order from them. There're some pieces that must be of Eastern European or Indian origin since they differ from the usual cheapo import designs we're so used to. How does one company manage to carry such a wide array of equipment? Or, do you suppose they don't really have all the items in stock for quick shipment?

As PSD Ken suggests the prices seem a tad bit on the high side for the items that are generic Asian.

Comment

Working...
        X