PDA

View Full Version : O/T----->Humorous "rocket" video.

JRouche
02-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Pretty neat vid showing creative folks having fun :) Dont worry, no injuries.... JR

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pD_yQZ4iNjY?rel=0

wierdscience
02-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Ha! That was pretty darn cool!:)

Alistair Hosie
02-19-2015, 01:16 PM
That was a joy to behold.I never saw such a thing in my life.It is pretty impressive though well done for showing us.Alistair

Paul Alciatore
02-19-2015, 02:24 PM
Having spent many an hour or my youth trying to make rockets, I just love it. Spectacular!

MaxHeadRoom
02-19-2015, 03:41 PM
That is the Rocket festival in Thailand, this shows a few of the 'Mk1's! at around 4min in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zad8RuKCl0s
Max.

hermetic
02-20-2015, 08:53 AM
Incredible, well posted that man. FWIW I used to make rockets in my youth. we soaked several sheets of newspaper in saltpetre, let them dry completely, then built up a samdwich of several layers of the paper with a thin layer of black powder/gunpowder in between each. then roll it up tight and slide into a cardboard tube, add a stick and a fuse and you are ready to go. If you did this today you would probably get a visit from the anti terrorist squad! it is a definite "don't try this at home. Yuor results may vary, and I liked the look of those VERY LONG lighting poles!
Phil

outback
02-20-2015, 01:37 PM
I'm a rocket builder since 1966. We built stuff back then that could have landed us in jail.

Still launch model rockets for the grandkids a couple of times a year. They are fairly expensive these
days.
Jim

darryl
02-21-2015, 12:44 AM
Not to put a damper on things- I like rockets too, and gunpowder, firecrackers, etc- a friend of a friend today blew both his hands off while making some kind of explosive device.The jokes have already gone around- 'he'll never give me the finger again'- one guy said 'hey, I think I'll give him a call', and 'he's all thumbs'. Guess that ends his career as a firefighter-