PDA

View Full Version : OT: Mozilla Firefox problems, IE10 is OK

PStechPaul
02-20-2015, 06:43 PM
For quite some time now I have been using Mozilla Firefox, but in the last few months I have had it get very slow to respond, and sometimes (quite often) it has become totally frozen except for the ability to close it entirely. I can use the history to restore the previous session, which it does quickly, but then it gets slower. I notice all sorts of messages such as "waiting for ***ads or google metrics and other stuff besides the website content.

I just reverted to IE10 and so far it has been working perfectly and seems faster than Firefox was at its best. I have heard that Firefox has been trying to look more like Google Chrome and its programming has lost its previous ability to be configured properly, but I don't remember the details or the source.

I am running Windows 8 (not the borked 8.1), and I have installed many updates for IE along with other Windows updates, but I think I have also installed some Firefox updates when it prompts for that. It is version 35.0.1 and supposedly is up to date.

J Tiers
02-20-2015, 07:16 PM
Dunno, using FF35.01 here, ON XP, and no problems.

Isn't 8.0 the silly "phone app" version of Windows? 8.1 seems to actually work on a winbook that I have mainly for toting 45 gB of manuals around....

loose nut
02-20-2015, 07:19 PM
I'm running the same version with Windows 7 and know problems. I also run Adblocker and Ghostery which stops the Analytics and ads so maybe that has something to do with it???

RichR
02-20-2015, 10:54 PM
Have you checked for unnecessary plugins and addons?