PDA

View Full Version : Moving update: We found a house. Now the fun begins.

winchman
06-10-2004, 09:17 PM
We plan to close on the house in Thomasville in early July, and we've just listed our present house on the lake outside Moncks Corner with a realtor.
The agent is very optimistic about how the property will show, and he already has several qualified prospective buyers lined up. Based on some recent sales nearby, the market for waterfront property appears to be VERY good.

We're trying really hard not to get sucked in by his enthusiasm, but things really do look pretty good.

Getting ready for the move is going to be a chore, but we're working hard together to get things organized, lined up, and DONE.

Getting in the shop for a little relaxation and diversion is really important at a time like this. Taking the shop apart will be one of the last things on the to-do list.

Roger

BillH
06-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Great, I take it at this house you will have room for the new shop, good.
Now a new Question, are you sure you want to give up a lake front property? Parents have Lake Front property upstate NY. No other place I would rather be in the summer!

[This message has been edited by BillH (edited 06-10-2004).]

sandman2234
06-11-2004, 01:12 AM
If they keep messing with me at work, I am going to move to Clyattville and let them have Jax. No waterfront here, unless that swamp down the street counts...
But I do have a nice garage.
David from jax

winchman
06-11-2004, 03:46 AM
Yeah, the lake IS nice, but we just don't get out on the water much any more, and the little house on stilts with outside stairs just isn't the place for us now. What used to be a nicely wooded (almost swampy) area next door has been replaced by a 5000sf 2.5 story monster house. Since it's only twenty feet away, there's no view and little privacy on that side.

The new house has an attached double garage, half of which will be the temporary shop. There's room for a nice new (heated and air conditioned http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif ) shop off the garage. That'll be good for a game room or something if we sell, so it'll make sense from a property value standpoint.

We've spent some time driving through Valdosta, but haven't ventured off US84. We just make pit stops there on the way to/from Thomasville and Cairo. Looks nice enough, though.

There'll be some new things to do in Thomasville. Having the Tech college just a few minutes away will be nice, and I've already talked to the welding instructor there about some courses. Unfortunately, the machine shop courses are in Moultrie, but that's a good possibility, too.

Roger