PDA

View Full Version : Please dont "upgrade your look"

Edwin Dirnbeck
04-13-2015, 09:17 AM
I just looked at the "other forum" .They made a big upgrade .Now when you read the posts , the font is to small.Please leave this site as it is ,Edwin Dirnbeck

oldtiffie
04-13-2015, 09:26 AM
Its not hard to re-set the "other forum's" text height on your computer to suit yourself.

Highpower
04-13-2015, 10:17 AM
Do you have a scroll wheel on your mouse? Hold down the Crtl key on the keyboard and spin the scroll wheel up and down until you get the size you like.

Frank Ford
04-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Like it or not, the Internet is always changing. The "new look" is what we have now, and it's going to persist for a while, that's for sure. I'm in the process of spending an obscene amount of $$ upgrading the Gryphon web site to the modern, more print magazine look, in part to be compatible with the teeny screen mobile devices. That, along with presenting a thousand things with "buy now" buttons and producing video "content" is quite a challenge for a small, service-oriented local business - to put it mildly.

I miss the big buttons, and other browser features that got dumped with recent upgrades, but everything works fine, and I'll get more used to it every day. . .

Toolguy
04-13-2015, 10:53 AM
You can also do the control key and + or -.

Baz
04-13-2015, 01:45 PM
just don't employ the Yahoo Neo programmers......(or any geek programmers who think they are too kool to make things user friendly and 100% compatible with IE)

MrFluffy
04-13-2015, 02:48 PM
I dont go the other forum anymore anyway. Too home shop apparently, but I find the atmosphere better in here anyway.

Paul Alciatore
04-13-2015, 03:55 PM
Yup! ..........

Do you have a scroll wheel on your mouse? Hold down the Crtl key on the keyboard and spin the scroll wheel up and down until you get the size you like.

Baz
04-13-2015, 05:46 PM
The other site claims to be more commercially oriented. So the correct way for a commercial operation to make their parts too small and when the customer complains tell them to stuff it and make the parts bigger themselves?
Great advice.
Tomorrow I'll change a couple of parameters on the CNC program and churn out ten thousand smaller bushes. We'll save a packet on materials so I should get a bonus. I'm sure the Customer will be happier too as I'll put some nice big adverts on the delivery crates.

Mark Rand
04-13-2015, 07:18 PM
Don't forget to leave a large offcut between the parts and to powder coat everything white.:p

PStechPaul
04-13-2015, 10:41 PM
Make the parts from material like the compressed sponges you can get. Soak them in water and they swell to full size. But that didn't work for the forum... http://www.modelenginemaker.com/Smileys/default/rofl5.gif

Puckdropper
04-14-2015, 12:48 AM
You can also do the control key and + or -.

If you need to reset the zoom, use CTRL+0.