PDA

View Full Version : Nice machine auction in Va

Mike Amick
04-21-2015, 11:26 PM
Big machine auction in Lorton Va. Online only. Pickup only. If you live in
the area it would be worth your while to take a look. I bid/buy from
these guys when the auction is in my area.

Just click on the orange " GO TO AUCTION " button to see all the goodies.

No affiliation, but I did mentally spend a whole bunch of money.

OOps ... here is the link (http://calauctions.com/auction/256897/inspect-thursday-emergency-short-notice-complete-precision-machine-shop-online-auction-va/)

im#2
04-22-2015, 10:30 PM
The pictures wont open, is that the way it is supposed to work before the opening day? I se no reason to withhold pictures till tomorrow do you?

Mike Amick
04-23-2015, 12:01 AM
Did you click on the big orange " GO TO THE AUCTION" ?

Its fun to look at stuff at this stage, Nice mills for a couple of hundred bucks. Lol,
of course the final bids take them up to reasonable prices but I do see machines going
for a real steal a lot of times.

gvasale
04-23-2015, 07:07 AM
Looks like the riggers will be making a profit at those prices.

Abaker
04-27-2015, 08:19 AM
I'm in the area so I bid on a couple of things. The small tooling got expensive at the end - not out of sight, but not screaming bargains either. Flyo would not approve. For example a lot of six boring heads including one Criterion 2", two Erickson Tenthsets and one Precision boring/facing head went for over $400. Not bad, but not something I'm want to pay since I already have some nice boring heads.

The machines were about the same two Laguan mill went for about $2,700 and a nice looking Graziono SAG 17 went for $2,200 - that was a deal.

I ended up winning only one item - a Japanese knock off of a Hardinge chucker I was the second bidder and the first guy only bid $15, so until two hours before closing I thought I might be buying it for $16. Not many people want turret lathes. I wouldn't buy it as my first or only lathe, but I think one might come in handy for the home shop. Just keep it set up with some general tools: turning, facing, boring bar holder, quick change tap chuck and die holder. Get carried away and put a DRO on it and you have a pretty good set up for small/short work.

Anyway my winning bid was $300 so with fees and taxes I got it for $345 out the door. I read the fine print very carefully before I bid, and this auction did not require a rigger to move the machine. Many of them do and that would have been $600-$1200 more, so read that agreement before you bid!