PDA

View Full Version : O.T seattle free stuff cnc machine just came up big and old

RichardG
06-07-2015, 04:13 PM
It just came up anyone interested?
Richad

Rosco-P
06-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Make model, pictures, etc... Old? 8" floppy drive, cassette tape, paper tape?

Doc Nickel
06-07-2015, 05:11 PM
Unknown. Ad in question (http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/zip/5063020109.html).

Says it works, weighs 12K. Not sure if I'm reading the tag right, looks like Newbury? Looks like some sort of specialized boring/drilling machine.

Doc.

alistair1537
06-07-2015, 05:16 PM
Looks like an injection moulder - plastic

Doc Nickel
06-07-2015, 05:25 PM
Yep, Googling around shows similar looking machines, Newbury is an injection molder brand, and armed with that info, looking at the CL ad pics, the hopper for the pelletized plastic is obvious at the right hand ram end. (I'd first thought it part of other equipment parked behind the machine.)

Doc.

mattthemuppet
06-07-2015, 06:09 PM
My biggest issue is the need to bring a wench. They're not easy to find, especially being married!

boslab
06-07-2015, 06:27 PM
That's one hell of an electricity bill
Mark

flylo
06-07-2015, 11:02 PM
My biggest issue is the need to bring a wench. They're not easy to find, especially being married!

Wait till the kids are old enough. I was at my sons a few weeks ago & my 2 yr old grandson had tools all over so I suggested a game of who can throw the screwdrivers the farthest & make them stick in the grass. I assured him dad would find them when he mowed. Boy paybacks are FUN!

mattthemuppet
06-08-2015, 01:09 AM
That's funny, but:

Wench
a beautiful women who engages particularly in duties concerning domestic affairs, kitchen cleaning, or ale serving. Often a pirate for some reason..

Left Handed Spud Wrench
06-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Newbury is still "kinda-sorta" supported by Milacron. I would give this one a pass as he spent $5K on a "new PLC" -- doesn't say if it is OEM or not.

He also doesn't list the clamp-tonnage or barrel capacity which makes it difficult to figure out what size parts you can safely mold.

Finally he doesn't mention the age or how many hours it has. Newbury defunct, kinda-sorta supported but getting parts will be a challenge. And we have no idea what condition the ways, the tie-rods or hydraulics are in. The clamp alone would be a major PITA to rebuild if there are any issues there.

If you are really hell-bent for setting up an injection molding machine, there are better deals out there. In this case "free" could end up costing you.