X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spongerich
    • Jul 2011

A small gloat for a small machine.

I saw a CL ad listing 2 Logan lathes, an Atlas shaper, Chicago horizontal miller, and a bunch of other stuff.
    2 daughters finally getting around to selling dad's stuff, but the garage roof has been torn up for years and everything has been left to rust. There's a Wells band saw that I might go back for. One Logan is 90% scrap, the other needs a fair amount of TLC but could be a nice lathe for someone patient.

I did end up buying this shaper for $100. If nobody else showed up, she was ready to scrap it.
    The ram is rusted stuck. Everything else moves, though only a little. Definitely a parts machine rather than a decent resto candidate, but she's all there including the crank handle and an Atlas vise.

I need just a few parts for my other Atlas shaper, so I'm happy to be able to finally complete that. The rest will eventually get cleaned up and sold to feed the monster.

Crappy cell phone pics follow - she's still in the back of my SUV.

• mattthemuppet
    • Oct 2012

such a shame to see stuff end up like that. At least you found some parts you need and others will get what they need.

Comment

• Seastar
      • Jan 2005

I'm glad you found the shaper but pictures like that make me sick.
      Good luck with what can be salvaged.
      Bill
      I cut it off twice and it's still too short!

Comment

• flylo
        • Apr 2011

Thanks for saving some old American iron from the furnace!

Comment

Working...
        X