PDA

View Full Version : OT - A Pool full of Bears

lynnl
08-22-2015, 01:36 PM
I'm sure many of you have already seen this, but if you haven't, and need some entertainment, it's worth a watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PnzrWJ-GnI

I didn't know bears had litters of more than two or three.

Mark Rand
08-22-2015, 05:40 PM
Nice bears. Shame about the humans...

wierdscience
08-23-2015, 01:23 AM
I'm sure many of you have already seen this, but if you haven't, and need some entertainment, it's worth a watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PnzrWJ-GnI

I didn't know bears had litters of more than two or three.

I didn't either,I think something exponential might be about to happen in the Bear population there :D

38_Cal
08-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Did some research, litter size is between one and six cubs.

ironmonger
08-23-2015, 01:30 PM
Nice bears. Shame about the humans...

Bears are neither nice nor evil, they are just bears.

Regardless if we are encroaching on 'their' territory or not, or if you don't like the snivelling commentary, I would not sacrifice any human life for any bear.

As a counterpoint, 'city' folks move to the 'country' expecting some fairy tail existence. They are raised on Dr. Suess and a false sense of their place in the food chain. Things often stink. Get over it.

Either shut up and enjoy the show or install a fence charger but in some way you have to deal with it. I would not let bears get comfortable in my yard if I lived where they do, but it's not like they should have expected different behaviour.

BTW, if I had dealt with his situation one thing you can be morally certain of is that there would not have been a video record...

lugnut
08-23-2015, 01:47 PM
Question: did the momma bear get shocked when she dropped the electrical pump/filter into the pool?

Rosco-P
08-23-2015, 01:54 PM
Question: did the momma bear get shocked when she dropped the electrical pump/filter into the pool?

Not if it was plugged into a GFCI or RCD.

garyhlucas
08-23-2015, 02:33 PM
I'm guessing that after the fine time they had they'll be back to watering hole again and again.

loose nut
08-23-2015, 07:05 PM
Regardless if we are encroaching on 'their' territory or not, or if you don't like the snivelling commentary, I would not sacrifice any human life for any bear.

On this grossly overpopulated planet where we have 7 billion people too many and not enough bears left, we can afford to lose a few people. I suggest we send in the stupid ones that won't leave them alone.

Willy
08-23-2015, 07:29 PM
Saw this vid a few days ago and enjoyed it. I realize the bears are a very wild species and should not be approached no matter how "cute" they look. However it was nice to see that just like us they too need a little R&R. Kind of reminded me of mom taking the kids to the beach.

On this grossly overpopulated planet where we have 7 billion people too many and not enough bears left, we can afford to lose a few people. I suggest we send in the stupid ones that won't leave them alone.

+1 on this!

At least I can trust a bear to be a bear.
I certainly don't have a shortage of bears here. However I've seen more than my share of worthless two legged predators that would definitely be on the loosing end of the draw if it was my choice as to who was going to walk home and who wasn't.

ironmonger
08-23-2015, 07:31 PM
Since the greatest areas of overpopulation apears to be cities, and the cities represent the greatest population of those that belive in 'bears' rights it seems to be the best solution...
so +1 it is then