PDA

View Full Version : Tim Leech

John Stevenson
09-07-2015, 06:23 PM
Tim's wife Liz rang up today to say that Tim died last night [ Sunday ] after a short illness.

A limited number of Brits knew that Tim was ill with pancreatic cancer but he didn't want it made public as the family are very private.

I saw him about 3 weeks ago and although ill and he looked it I thought he would have a bit longer than the 3 months since he found out.

Weston Bye
09-07-2015, 06:34 PM
I always enjoyed Tim's posts. Sorry to hear of his passing.

I've known a couple of people with pancreatic cancer who passed sooner than I would have expected.

Charles P
09-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Sad news.
Tim was a lovely bloke and a hugely creative engineer, whether it was finding a way of repairing a marine engine, getting a DSG lathe into his workshop or simply rebuilding one of his many CVA lathes. I always liked visiting his place on the canal - so peaceful and calm (despite the west coat mainline a stone's throw away.)
I'll raise a glass to him

Charles

kf2qd
09-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Sorry to hear that. Express our condolences to his wife and family.

Gravy
09-07-2015, 07:35 PM
Crud. Loved his canal boat project. Clumsy bastard :(

tlfamm
09-07-2015, 07:44 PM
A shame; I always found Tim's posts interesting.

boslab
09-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Well all be following him soon enough, didn't know him but a short illness and what sounds like a full life seems not too bad, hell of a lot better than a short life and long illness anyway, I feel sorry for his family, hard to deal with loved ones leaving so fast
Mark

Mcgyver
09-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Crud. Loved his canal boat project.

that's right, I'd forgotten. As a DSG owner he was no doubt intelligent and all round fine fellow. Sorry to hear of his passing

TGTool
09-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Very sorry to hear that. He was one of the good lights on the forum. Condolences to those he left behind.

mike4
09-07-2015, 11:32 PM
I learnt a few things from his posts, sorry that I never met him , a very practical man , my condolences.
Michael

Tundra Twin Track
09-08-2015, 12:25 AM
My Condolences,lost my Dad to the same illness he was 63.
Dale

wierdscience
09-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Always enjoyed Tin's posts :(

awemawson
09-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Tim just quietly got on with things, and if he could help generally would. I only met him face to face once but I shudder to think how many years I corresponded with him on (firstly) Newsgroups, then various forums.

Mark Rand
09-08-2015, 03:12 PM
Swapped stuff with him, picked up auction purchases from British Waterways for him, read and replied to his posts-not so much of late, but never got around to visiting. Lovely chap, wish I'd gone up to Dutton to see him.

Dan Dubeau
09-08-2015, 03:37 PM
Very sorry to hear. Although I never met him, I did learn a lot from his posts, and generally looked forward to reading them.

small.planes
09-12-2015, 07:49 AM
One less clumsy bustard :( We'll be running out soon.
Remember the entertaining reverse my 110 with trailer down to Tim's place to collect my surface table.

Dave

Kenny G
09-13-2015, 06:09 AM
Only just back on the forum after a long absence myself due to health problems....Really sorry to hear of Tim's passing, condolences to his family.

Peter.
09-13-2015, 06:14 AM
I met him and he gave me a tour of his canal-boat dry dock and it's operation. I could have stayed all day talking to him. Such a nice guy who lived what many would call an idyllic life - certainly in an idyllic setting. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

Ian B
09-13-2015, 12:08 PM
I only met Tim once, many years ago when I bought a dividing head of him. I remember his workshop, at the end of a tiny canal path - how he managed to get the machines in there, I don't know.

Lovely guy, I'm really sorry to hear that he's passed away.

Ian

Peter N
10-11-2015, 04:29 AM
I am coming very late to this post, but so sad to hear about this. Like many others here I knew Tim, and had corresponded and talked to him a number of times over the years, but never met him.
A very clever engineer, both methodical and inventive at the same time. I will miss his posts and wisdom.