PDA

View Full Version : Planning Ahead

chucketn
09-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Iím planning my next build while taking a day off from buildingmy Woodson Vertical( I also have to cast some more parts for it). I am wantingto try an IC project and leaning toward a Webster. I have seen a few buildthreads on the Webster, but as IC engines werenít my first interest, I may havemissed a few. As it is easier for members to find their own threads, may I askthat if you have built a Webster ic and done a build thread, could you post alink in this thread so I can find it and read through it?
My thanks in advance.
Chuck

RichR
09-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Hi Chuck
If you Google:

webster site:bbs.homeshopmachinist.net
it will narrow down your search considerably.

brian Rupnow
09-09-2015, 01:40 PM
chucketn--here ya go---That is a great first i.c. engine.---Brian
http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/showthread.php?t=7687

chucketn
09-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Brian, I used the search link posted above and your build thread here was the first one I saw. Just finished reading through it. got to build one! Will book mark the one on the HMEM site too!

Chuck

chucketn
09-25-2015, 05:37 PM
Next question: For those that have built a Webster, any good public domain plans for a carb that would work on the Webster? Anyone use something other than the points, condenser, and coil for ignition? I have a couple of 2 stroke weed eaters that will never be used again. Any usable parts in them? I'm planning to tear them down to melt the blocks anyway.

Chuck