PDA

View Full Version : Keith Fenner

QSIMDO
09-27-2015, 05:00 PM
Haven't seen new videos in some time now.

He's not all done is he?

firbikrhd1
09-27-2015, 05:02 PM
I watched the second video about his roller kits yesterday and got the impression he's swamped with orders for them. My guess would be that between the rollers and his regular customers he has little time for videos or editing.

wheeltapper
09-27-2015, 05:49 PM
I watched the second video about his roller kits yesterday and got the impression he's swamped with orders for them. My guess would be that between the rollers and his regular customers he has little time for videos or editing.

Plus he's got the "toolbox giveaway " to think about as well.
he still puts the odd video on his facebook page.

ncjeeper
09-27-2015, 07:36 PM
I need a Keith fix too.

Highpower
09-27-2015, 08:32 PM
He went in for a surgery right after posting the second roller video. He will return in good time...

Mcostello
09-27-2015, 08:56 PM
Surgery--I thought He was good enough to do His own

gcude
09-27-2015, 09:29 PM
He's is still posting regularly on the Machining Youtube group on Facebook. He is taking some time to fix up his baby (car). He also recently had a death in the family. He'll be back before you know it.

Doc Nickel
09-27-2015, 09:58 PM
What "roller kit"? (I haven't watched anywhere near all his vidoes.)

Doc.

Axkiker
09-27-2015, 10:42 PM
What "roller kit"? (I haven't watched anywhere near all his vidoes.)

Doc.

Its his most recent

wierdscience
09-27-2015, 11:41 PM
The Wright Roller Kit-

http://turnwrightmachineworks.com/the-wright-store/the-wright-roller-kits/

The plans for it are right there,but the kit is a deal if you have to go buy or scrounge all the pieces.

No affiliation,usual disclaimers

tyrone shewlaces
09-28-2015, 01:21 AM
He perhaps threw something in the bin and forgot to let go of it? ;)

(sorry. I just had to do that.)

John Stevenson
09-28-2015, 05:57 AM
Why would you need a kit of parts for one of these ?

Surely anyone could make a set to suit what they needed as opposed to a fixed plan set, just from looking at the photo ?

wierdscience
09-28-2015, 09:05 AM

Surely anyone could make a set to suit what they needed as opposed to a fixed plan set, just from looking at the photo ?

You and I could walk out in the shed and have what we need in a matter of minutes.Lot's of folks don't have that option though,so for them it might be a good deal and they buy the kit.

Highpower
09-28-2015, 09:26 AM

If you actually watch the videos you will see that you don't "need" a kit of parts IF you have the ability to make your own - and he made that clear. He says if you want to hunt down all the material and cut it to size yourself - then go for it! He provides his drawings for FREE to anyone who wants to follow them or use them as a starting point for designing their own - which he also made clear in his videos. He points out that they can be bolted together for the folks that don't own welders. Not "anyone" owns a welder. The guy is just trying to provide a service to his viewers by selling the pre-cut material AT COST and make it worth HIS time as well. Apparently it's working.

I made my own version of rollers a long time ago, but ordered one of these kits anyway just to support the guy. I've found a lot more useful machining content on his Youtube channel than I've found here for quite some time now...

loose nut
09-28-2015, 09:39 AM
Why waste time making one when you can get them off the shelf.

J Tiers
09-28-2015, 11:15 AM
Four bearings?

Seems like a lot of variables unless you buy the best. I'd just use v-blocks, cheap, accurate, done.

Axkiker
09-28-2015, 12:07 PM
Can someone tell me the cost of his kit? I cant seem to recall. I actually have a project where I will need to straighten a shaft from a bravo 1 outdrive this winter. I thought I may have a go at heat straightening.

I have everything setting around the garage that I could build one right now. I figure this supports someone who has provided loads of videos that have taught me a lot. Plus by the time I pull out the material, design the rig from scratch, cut the material to size, im probably just better off buying a pre cut kit and assembling.

Royldean
09-28-2015, 12:27 PM
Four bearings?

Seems like a lot of variables unless you buy the best. I'd just use v-blocks, cheap, accurate, done.

V-blocks don't work all that well when you're spinning a 100 lb shaft....

wierdscience
09-28-2015, 12:27 PM
Can someone tell me the cost of his kit? I cant seem to recall. I actually have a project where I will need to straighten a shaft from a bravo 1 outdrive this winter. I thought I may have a go at heat straightening.

I have everything setting around the garage that I could build one right now. I figure this supports someone who has provided loads of videos that have taught me a lot. Plus by the time I pull out the material, design the rig from scratch, cut the material to size, im probably just better off buying a pre cut kit and assembling.

See post #10