X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave Opincarne
    • Feb 2003

Requested Feed/Speed Chart

A few weeks ago someone asked about a good feed and speed chart for milling. I made this one five or six years ago and keept it in the back of my calculator. I'ts not fancy, but for most everything I did it worked well.

Dave
  • Evan
    • May 2003

I do hope your bedroom isn't painted the same color. We moved into a house many years ago with the main bedroom that color. It took three coats of good paint to hide it so we could get to sleep
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

• Mike W
      • Jan 2004

Thanks Dave. Maybe the previous tenents were a little different Evan.

Comment

• ibewgypsie
        • Dec 2002

You left out some important factors in the equation.

(Dia of mill x HP of mill / (sharpness) use in hours of cutter x rigidity of machine x coolant capacity in quarts x Phase of moon )

Everything in the world is different on each machine. Rigidity is one item, chatter causes a mill to ossilate making it cut rough. The less weight to dampen vibration the slower the cut.

Know your machine, try to use these formulas but adjust accordingly. It is not in stone. Watch the chips, add the coolant, modify the speed.

SOmetimes I can't run that fast or I just have a stub sticking out of my collet. *mine is a cnc. I have bad days where I break them all. If you program for maximum performance be prepared to pay maximum cost.

David

Comment

Working...
        X