PDA

View Full Version : Busy Bee site blocked by security software, bit O.T.

RussZHC
10-15-2015, 07:00 AM
Anyone else have their computer security software blocking access to the Busy Bee Tool website(s)?

Avast! won't allow access to the site as apparently a "certificate" has been revoked.
As of yet I have not been into the deeper levels of the software but I assume there is a way I can bypass and allow myself access to the site
(I have a couple of tools from them so was wanting to access the manuals)

Arcane
10-15-2015, 08:27 AM
The site opens fine for me but then I don't use an anti virus program and haven't since I started using http://www.sandboxie.com/

woodenbird
10-15-2015, 12:24 PM
No problem on my machine using Norton.

danlb
10-15-2015, 01:19 PM
Anyone else have their computer security software blocking access to the Busy Bee Tool website(s)?

Avast! won't allow access to the site as apparently a "certificate" has been revoked.

Is there a chance that your wife has added a blocker in a vain attempt to limit your tool purchasing habit? :)

I suspect that there is a glitch with one of the certificate authorities. Your computer has a list of "trusted certificate authorities" Known as a CA for short. Busy bee's certificate says "I'm really busy bee, and CA XYZ will vouch for me." If XYZ is not on your list, you check XYZ's certificate which will tell you which CA vouches for them. This chain goes on until you run out of CAs to check or find one that you have in your trusted CA list.

I found that GMAIL's cert was refused this morning. The next try it worked.

I will not be using my banking app today... that gives the IT folks time to make sure it's not something nefarious.

Dan

achtanelion
10-15-2015, 06:15 PM
Check that the date and time is correct on your computer.