PDA

View Full Version : OT: windows 10 spyware fix

loose nut
11-16-2015, 10:08 AM
Windows 10 has all the built in spyware, that has been brought to light on this forum, now they have ported it back to 7 and 8,8.1 and didn't even tell us. Spybot has a new program that is supposed to turn all these features OFFFFF and itís free.

https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

Mike Amick
11-16-2015, 01:04 PM
Great find .. added to my collection.

Thanks

Left Handed Spud Wrench
11-16-2015, 01:32 PM
My computer freezes and "pauses" at weird times, and my internet connection randomly drops. I traced those events to the Windows Malware System hijacking enough resources to bring the system to a halt for a moment or overwhelming the internet connection with data transmissions.

I've been using this for about an hour and a half now and I haven't had one of those moments. Thanks for posting.

pgmrdan
11-16-2015, 09:03 PM
M$ Windoze leaves a LOT to be desired!!! I use Linux most of the time and Windoze only when I must.

I read about a guy who was a new employee at IBM. IBM set up a bunch of people to work out of their homes. The work sounded sort of fishy but it paid the rent.

He began noticing that a few programs on his laptop were taking up a LOT of CPU usage all the time and every few minutes his laptop would transmit something across the internet. He mentioned it to his boss and his boss said to just ignore it and not to talk to anyone else about it.

Turns out IBM was writing/rewriting parts of Windoze to use the laptop camera and microphone to spy on the employees and send the recordings back to IBM. They were developing the software to sell to employers so they could spy on their employees.

The NSA has also approached M$ to do some programming for back door access to individuals computers running Windoze.

Conspiracy theory nonsense? I don't think so. Linus Torvalds' father was being interviewed and was asked some questions about Linus (creator of Linux). He admitted that Linus had been approached by the NSA to put some similar back door software into Linux. He refused.

J Tiers
11-16-2015, 11:08 PM
..... He admitted that Linus had been approached by the NSA to put some similar back door software into Linux. He refused.

He can afford to. Or at least he used to be able to. Now he has joined as a citizen of the Great Satan, and so maybe he will have to cave also. The rest of them almost certainly caved long ago.

rythmnbls
11-17-2015, 12:08 PM
How is the NSA going to hide a back door in an open source kernel since anyone can see the code?

Steve.

lakeside53
11-17-2015, 12:24 PM
You don't need code - They just have to "know of" an unseen or unpublished exploit.

pgmrdan
11-17-2015, 12:45 PM
How is the NSA going to hide a back door in an open source kernel since anyone can see the code?

Steve.

Have you ever seen any submission to obfuscated code competitions? :D

http://www.ioccc.org/index.html

That could be one way to help hide it.

rythmnbls
11-17-2015, 01:54 PM
Have you ever seen any submission to obfuscated code competitions?

I'd counter that with.. have you ever read the kernel code formatting requirements :)

As to unpublished exploits, their half life in the kernel is pretty short, too many eyes on the code.

Steve.

pgmrdan
11-17-2015, 03:16 PM
I thought you meant how are they going to hide it if Linus and others in charge approve it. If it isn't approved by those in charge then it doesn't get published. I agree with you on that.

CCWKen
11-17-2015, 08:32 PM
I've had CEIP turned off in W7 since day one and never did load the "Get Windows 10" patches. The GWX updates were the ones that accumulate system telemetry. If you didn't install those you don't need that SpyBot trash.

Google collects more information about you than MS. And it's hard to block without disabling YouTube or other
Google services in the process. Google comingles the servers and moves them around.

kendall
11-18-2015, 09:40 PM
I downloaded and installed w10 over my w7 system simply to have it. But, I'm sticking with w7 and BSD as my primary OS'. Only thing w10 home has going for it over w7 home in my opinion is that it supports more memory.

Once you uninstall most of the default apps and shut down the tracking/spyware features it is faster than 7. Only way I've found to turn off auto updates is to disable it in services, then turn it on when I'm ready. If you install classic start menu, old calculator and a few other things it almost feels like w7

Have to be careful if you install other MS products as well, installed visual C on my w7 system, and it also reset my updates to automatically download updates to microsoft products, which immediately started downloading w10.

GT1
11-19-2015, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

Windows 10 has all the built in spyware, that has been brought to light on this forum, now they have ported it back to 7 and 8,8.1 and didn't even tell us. Spybot has a new program that is supposed to turn all these features OFFFFF and itís free.

https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/