PDA

View Full Version : Bud Boxes

jfsmith
06-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Who sells a variety of sizes of bud boxes?

Thank,

Jerry

Weston Bye
06-30-2004, 11:46 AM
Allied Electronics, Newark Electronics, many others.

ERBenoit
06-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Try a Package Store. The sell Bud (personal favorite) in Boxes of 12, 18, 24 or 30. Couldn't resist!!

lynnl
06-30-2004, 12:13 PM
... or a florist.

What's a "bud box" anyway?

jfsmith
06-30-2004, 01:10 PM
A bud box is a metal or a combination of metal and plastic or an all plastic box that is used to mount electronics in. In my case some controlls that I need to have on a machine could be mounted in a bud box with no trouble and the box mounted on the side of the machine.

Jerry

Anyway, Sleemans is a far superior beer.

[This message has been edited by jfsmith (edited 06-30-2004).]

sjensen30
06-30-2004, 01:34 PM
Give me a Moose Drool anytime!

Dave Opincarne
06-30-2004, 06:56 PM
Pyramid Tilted Kilt or Pike Place Kilt Lifter.

Full Sail Boarshead 2003 will put you away for the night.

Bud Box...Try a head shop.

Dave Opincarne
06-30-2004, 11:12 PM
BTW, if this is the same thing as a project box then Radio Shat sells them.

Paul Alciatore
06-30-2004, 11:43 PM
Check out the DigiKey web site. They sell Bud and several other brands. Their prices are often better than the others mentioned above.

I've bought them for many years and I find that Bud is often the high priced spread and the others are just as good for a lot less.

www.digikey.com (http://www.digikey.com)

All the usual disclaimers.

Paul A.

[This message has been edited by Paul Alciatore (edited 06-30-2004).]

lynnl
07-01-2004, 09:39 AM
Oh, sounds like 'Bud' is a brandname of electrical enclosures then, eh?

jfsmith
07-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Bud Box is a brand name for a project box that is an electrical enclosure. RS and other places sell them, but I like better quality ones.

Most bench techs have built project in these boxes over the years and RS is a leading seller of the cheap ones.

Jerry

Paul Alciatore
07-01-2004, 11:26 AM
Yes, "Bud" is a brand name. Kinda like "Scotch" tape, it's used as a generic term also.

http://www.budind.com/index.php3

Radio Shack does sell a few project boxes but the others mentioned above will have a much larger selection of styles and sizes. MUCH LARGER.

Paul A.

sch
07-01-2004, 06:42 PM
www.mpja.com (http://www.mpja.com) also sells project boxes in
various, relatively small sizes. Some plastic
some metal. Not specifically bud though.
They have a lower minimum order $, and lesser selection, but what they have is priced well. Steve

Evan
07-01-2004, 07:02 PM
Depending on what you are building an old empty computer case can be made into a nice project case for the larger items. I'm using and old desktop case with minor modifications for the power supply for my mill project. Lots of room inside and it already comes with a +5, +12 and -12. They can be had for free.

jfsmith
07-01-2004, 10:14 PM
I am putting two electric burner controls from an old electric stove in a box and attaching it to an old enameling kiln that I have. The kiln has two elements, so two controls.

My time for being a bench tech was back when they still made TVs in the states, the had things like Nuvistors, instead of tubes and some modular construction concepts. Then I worked on cable TV amplifiers and early head end equipment at another place, while I was in college. Interesting work, but not too useful in this chip oriented world.

So I just want to mount these controls in a box and run the wire to connect with the elements. I don't want a thermostatically controlled box, just the ability to turn the heat up or down.

Jerry