PDA

View Full Version : Rotex milling machine

jhueser
06-25-2004, 12:20 AM
Have been using this site as an invaluable source of information I haven't been able to find elsewhere but this is my first posting.

Just bought a Rotex mill and was hoping to find an owner's manual.

Is Jim Larsen still around because in a previous thread he said that he also had a Rotex and that he had all the manuals.

------------------
Jan

Dave Opincarne
06-25-2004, 12:34 AM
Welcome to the nut house Jan. If you haven't already check out http://www.lathes.co.uk/index.html They have rotex listed and might be able to link you to more information.

Yup, follow the links for manuals and scroll down, they've got one listed for rotex. Hope it covers your machine.

[This message has been edited by Dave Opincarne (edited 06-25-2004).]

chip's
06-27-2004, 12:37 PM
You don't say if it is a vertical or horizontal mill. I have a horizontal. They are great little mills. The head that can be put on the over arm to use as a vertical is also a plus, if you can find one. I think you will enjoy this little mill very much. Good luck with your info. search. I have only alittle info on mine. The factory can be of help to you if they want to be.

jhueser
06-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Chip's
My machine is an RM-1, same as the one I think you have, serial # 10327 which makes it a little older thatn yours. It has the vertical head on it but the guy I bought it form says he has never had the horizontal parts.

In the thread I read earlier Jim said he was emailing you some pdf files of the parts manual. Did you ever receive them?

------------------
Jan

jlrsn
07-04-2004, 12:02 AM
Jan,
I just returned today from a 2 week trip from San Francisco to/from New York City with my son, both of us on our BMW motorcycles. Experienced every type of weather and through passes over 11,000' west of Denver!

I have to find the box that has the manuals for the RM-1. I usually use my Series 1 Bridgeports (2HP 2J2) for most of my milling but will get that little RM-1 set up one of these days.
Jim Larsen
Hayward, Calif.
SF Bay Area

chip's
07-04-2004, 06:46 PM
I do have alittle info. There doesn't seem to be much available. I can send you what I have. Jim does have some good stuff on these. Let me know.

jlrsn
07-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Jan,
I emailed you the complete parts list and exploded view of the Rotex RM-1, all in Acrobat pdf Files, but have not heard back regarding your receipt of the information you requested.
Jim Larsen
Hayward, CA (SF Bay Area)