X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Commander_Chaos
    • Feb 2011

O/T old craftsman power tools

I have a craftsman circular saw and a sander that I want to be rid of, but it seems like a shame to throw them out. They both have all-metal housings and both work.

Are there collectors for these or should I just toss them?
  • CarlByrns
    • Oct 2013

PM sent.

Comment

• CCWKen
      • Jan 2003

I have an old Craftsman 1/2" drill that's all metal. It's a single speed forward/reverse that's unstoppable. If you're not quick off the trigger when it hangs, it will spin you like a top or break your wrists. Scares me every time I use it but I keep it just the same.

Comment

• Commander_Chaos
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
        I have an old Craftsman 1/2" drill that's all metal. It's a single speed forward/reverse that's unstoppable. If you're not quick off the trigger when it hangs, it will spin you like a top or break your wrists. Scares me every time I use it but I keep it just the same.
        You need a saw and a sander to go with it

Comment

• Doozer
          • Jan 2005

Those arm breaker drills serve best
          for mixing plaster or cement.
          Little chance of hurting yourself doing that.

-D
          DZER

Comment

• flylo
            • Apr 2011

I have the same one which was a poor design as it locked the trigger when it hung up. I think there was a recall on them. I have 2 3/4" B&Ds that are super beast.

Comment

• CCWKen
              • Jan 2003

I've never had the trigger lock on me but I haven't had it that long. The GF was throwing out tools and I volunteered to give it a home. It sure makes quick work of scissor jacks and electric trailer jacks with a dead battery. It's in pretty good shape so I thought about hanging it on the wall and save it for when I need to hand crank a V8 engine.

Comment

• kbertoson
                • Apr 2010

List the tools on Ebay. Call them "vintage" Craftsman power tools. Anything with a "vintage" label as well as Craftsman label are value mulitipliers. At least in the eyes of some of the "antique" dealers.

Comment

• Lew Hartswick
                  • Aug 2002

I have one of those.Got it about 1960 or so an it's been a real user for all those years. Still going .
                  ...lew...

Comment

Working...
                  X