PDA

View Full Version : my box and pan brake was missing its counterweights

metalmagpie
08-22-2016, 11:01 AM
This is another little story of one of my projects. It doesn't contain any sophisticated machining, but I wanted to document how I came up with a pair of counterweights for my box & pan brake. Have a look, see what you think. - metalmagpie

http://www.nwnative.us/Grant/shop%20articles/fingerbrake/counterweights

BCRider
08-22-2016, 12:30 PM
A bit more trouble than merely making "just" a weight. But I got to agree that it does make the whole break look rather nice. And after all, when it's a hobby and we actually like looking at our tools taking a bit more time to deal with the appearance can be rewarding to our own eyes. So well done!

Alan Smith
08-22-2016, 12:32 PM
First class job. Like the look of the little magnetic clamp.

Tundra Twin Track
08-23-2016, 01:15 AM
Nice job Grant,looks like factory ones I see yours has the nice looking Chicago Badge.If you have time and are heading north maybe stop by and give mine a nice paint job like yours lol!!

metalmagpie
08-23-2016, 09:27 AM
Nice job Grant,looks like factory ones I see yours has the nice looking Chicago Badge.If you have time and are heading north maybe stop by and give mine a nice paint job like yours lol!!

The guy I bought it from did a lot of cosmetic work on the machine including the painting and new badge. I wrote to him asking where he got it. If I find out, I'll send it to you.

metalmagpie