PDA

View Full Version : O/T: My testicals hurt.

JRouche
09-12-2016, 02:26 AM
So I am 51 and my nutts are aching for a week now, Also have lower back pain as well as lower abdominal pain.

I normally would wait and see how things turn out, even with my BC HMO plan. I dont like medical facilities.

So my wife of many years, who happens to have her Masters in Nursing, and is current and working while my lazy ass retired has ball pain.

Bronwyn, my Wife said make an appointment. Hmmm, my nutts ache, I need an appointment.

Or, it will just go away I am thinking...JR

John Stevenson
09-12-2016, 02:40 AM
Try cutting 3" off the top of your wellington boots

lugnut
09-12-2016, 03:14 AM
John might have something there. But my guess is, you've gotten fat in your old age and your shorts are too tight. Go buy some bigger shorts (undies) :D

elf
09-12-2016, 03:16 AM
How would you like those machined; mill, lathe, or English wheel? What are the tolerances?

10KPete
09-12-2016, 03:31 AM
Those are some serious symptoms! Listen to your wife. Don't be an idiot. Get checked NOW!

Pete

Ian B
09-12-2016, 03:32 AM
Just give them a good smack with an engineer's hammer. A ball pein would be most appropriate.

Ian

boslab
09-12-2016, 05:58 AM
Testicular pain is a very common thing, dull ache spreading up to your abdomen, some folk have it for years, once the more serious things are ruled out, which is most important, have you checked for lumps as all men should and don't, why escapes me?
I never had it but having the snip started it off, regular bouts of aching but that's one of the side effects they don't make much of, some guys, well one in particular I talked to ended up permanently aching ouch. The only thing I've found that alleviated the problem was plenty of hot, not too hot baths chucking some Epsom salts in, it was a long shot but it worked.
But you do need checking, the good news is even if it was cancer the only bit of your body that has a 98% cure rate is your nuts surprisingly (although a friend of mine now has plastic nuts, we take the piss out of him and say if he ever has kids now they would have "made in China" moulded on thir asses.
Go to the doctor ( in my case she was a nice pretty young doctor so it was a bonus, no way I could get my nuts fondled by a young pretty girl, every cloud as they say)
Although Sir J has identified a terrible condition, tall welly syndrome, you don't want to chaff your nuts with your welly rims, and getting the legs down them can be hazardous (very Baaaad)
Get checked and don't worry
Mark

Pete49
09-12-2016, 06:18 AM
Just take a spoonful of cement and harden up.....you young fellas are getting it too easy
Pete

Tony Ennis
09-12-2016, 08:03 AM
Go to the doctor.

Abner
09-12-2016, 08:11 AM
This isn't funny, I suffered this for years. Brave to even bring it up imho. Went to multiple Dr's until the seasonal pattern became clear. Work induced strain of 1 (ONE) tiny muscle in my right leg where it joined into my hip directly behind my scrotum pressing on a nerve. God the pain was intense spreading from my knee to my belly.
Pain meds, anti inflamitories by the bottle for years. I'm off the pain meds except for flair ups. I have to watch how I step up EVERY time I do it. It got a lot better but still did not go away until I changed how I sleep. Keeping both legs together made all the difference, no sprawling where that muscle got overstretched. The source of the pain is an area the size of a pencil eraser. Super soft chairs and less sitting helps. I cannot take wooden chairs anymore. Maybe this will help you I can only hope so, been there and it isn't fun.

GEP
09-12-2016, 08:15 AM
Just sharpen your knife and cut them off. Chances are you are just carrying dead weight

RB211
09-12-2016, 08:37 AM
My grandmother refused to see doctors because she was affraid of what they might say. She dropped dead when her Aeorta burst. My mother was same way, died the same way right after I graduated flight school. Am I supposed to have empathy? I surely felt angry which is a form of sadness, and can't help but think how stupid they were. Hey, it's your life, your body, I don't know you personally, but if your family member comes on here and says you died of cancer, and refused to see a doctor, I'll award you a Darwin medal! I'd much rather you go see a doctor so we don't lose another valuable member here.

CCWKen
09-12-2016, 08:44 AM
Unless you've been riding a motorcycle for hours or have a lot of seat time in a tractor, you better get it checked out soon. Pain in the "walnut" can often be confused with pain in the testicles but your body is trying to tell you something. Better to get it checked out early or you risk loosing either or both. It may be a hernia, a muscle strain or something more serious. You won't know unless you see a doctor.

platypus2020
09-12-2016, 08:58 AM
PSB - Painful Sperm Backup, you need to get laid more..............

Serious go to the docs, one of my friends is now dealing with testicular cancer, they believe they caught it in time.

firbikrhd1
09-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Don't fool around with this, go see a doctor. It may be nothing, but don't try to explain it away with excuses of underwear too tight, motorcycle riding, or some other excuse. You may have testicular torsion, testicular cancer, bladder cancer that has spread, colon cancer or a number of other disease processes which could be serious and very treatable of caught early. Time is not on your side prior to diagnosis. Disease of one part of the body can cause pain in another part, referred pain is the term.
Go find oput what the problem is and either ease your mind that the issue is minor or get treatment started to improve your chances of survival.

doctor demo
09-12-2016, 09:54 AM
Just sharpen your knife and cut them off. Chances are you are just carrying dead weight

If it is dead weight they will fall off on their own, no need for a knife.:D

Kidding aside, it is far better to check and not need any attention than to ignore a potentially serious problem and wish you had done something before it was too late for help.

Steve

Willy
09-12-2016, 09:56 AM
Unless you've been riding a motorcycle for hours or have a lot of seat time in a tractor, you better get it checked out soon. Pain in the "walnut" can often be confused with pain in the testicles but your body is trying to tell you something. Better to get it checked out early or you risk loosing either or both. It may be a hernia, a muscle strain or something more serious. You won't know unless you see a doctor.

I've always thought of pain as an idiot light on your body that signals you may have a problem. Trouble is most of us can't decipher the benign from those that aren't.
You wouldn't drive an expensive car around with an indicator light on without knowing if it was detrimental to it's well being. Why would you do it to yourself? You've got a lot of money tied up in that unit. LOL Besides there are others counting on it running well.

Bluechips
09-12-2016, 10:14 AM
I recently had something similar. I was diagnosed with a disc in my lower back going bad. A long day working at the lathe really kicked it off and had me in serious lower back pain. In my case the disc presses on a nerve from time to time. Pain radiating to your lower back, leg or testicles can be an indicator of this type of injury. Physical therapy seems to have helped a bunch. This type of injury can just happen over time. You may be at the point of it getting serious and a little help now may keep it form getting worse.

This may not be your problem, but it does need to be checked.

JoeLee
09-12-2016, 10:42 AM
I recently had something similar. I was diagnosed with a disc in my lower back going bad. A long day working at the lathe really kicked it off and had me in serious lower back pain. In my case the disc presses on a nerve from time to time. Pain radiating to your lower back, leg or testicles can be an indicator of this type of injury. Physical therapy seems to have helped a bunch. This type of injury can just happen over time. You may be at the point of it getting serious and a little help now may keep it form getting worse.

This may not be your problem, but it does need to be checked. Had the exact same thing happen to me several years ago with all the same symptoms as the OP mentioned.
I was doing a brake job on my fathers car, I was on my knees and went to put the tire back on, picked it up and leaned forward with the tire in out stretched arms and I felt a little pop in my lower back, I knew I messed something up doing almost nothing with so little weight, just bad positioning I guess. With an hour or so all the related symptoms started. After couple days of discomfort I went to my local chiropractor. My lower back was out. After an adjustment the symptoms began to subside with in an hour or so. It took a few visits and some Motrin before I was rid of the problem.
The second time this happened I over did the stretching and the kicking on the heavy bag. I pulled or over worked a groin muscle and had almost the same symptoms less the back and side aches. That went away on it's own in a week or so. But this was me. If in doubt, get checked out.

JL..................

brian Rupnow
09-12-2016, 11:04 AM
If you suffer from arthritis, then it's not unusual to have your nuts ache when rain is coming within two or three days. It's kind of like having your own personal weather witch. But--Go to a doctor. Aching nuts can foretell other really bad medical conditions that you aren't aware of, and the sooner you are looked at the better chance you stand of having a bad medical condition fixed.

JoeLee
09-12-2016, 12:52 PM
My back always starts to ache when there is a drop in barometric pressure but I didn't know you could predict the weather. I guess you could call them weather nuts!!!
But I have head of people being able to tell time with them...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkGIEt1o9m4

JL..............

kendall
09-12-2016, 01:55 PM
I've always thought of pain as an idiot light on your body that signals you may have a problem. Trouble is most of us can't decipher the benign from those that aren't.
You wouldn't drive an expensive car around with an indicator light on without knowing if it was detrimental to it's well being. Why would you do it to yourself? You've got a lot of money tied up in that unit. LOL Besides there are others counting on it running well.

That's why I never liked pain killers, they're akin to putting tape over the gauges. I've known too many people who have sore muscles etc and take a pain killer to keep going, only to find out later that a stretched muscle turned into a torn ligament.

Like you say, pain is the bodies way of telling you something's wrong, when you know the source slowing down is better and it's often safe to ignore, but when it comes out of the blue get it checked out.

Currently I have a new knee and limited use of my right hand because of pain and tingly fingers I ignored for years

Arcane
09-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Check their color! If they have a pronounced blueish tinge, refer to http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/threads/71455-O-T-My-testicals-hurt?p=1068712#post1068712. If you've bought any new stools from Ikea, refer to http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3771246/Norwegian-man-s-hilarious-complaint-Ikea-getting-TESTICLE-caught-one-stools-having-shower-Internet-hit.html

Black Forest
09-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Mine hurt also sometimes. Usually right after I say something like, what have you done to your hair. The pain comes on real sudden!

dave_r
09-12-2016, 02:50 PM
I still can regularly produce my own stools, so I don't need to buy them from a store. But even if I couldn't, I would need a lot of convincing before I would consider buying someone else's stools.

loose nut
09-12-2016, 02:56 PM
My balls are the only thing that doesn't hurt these days. Maybe 'cause I don't use them.

PStechPaul
09-12-2016, 03:37 PM
I agree with the advice to get this checked out ASAP.

On the lighter side, I would ask for a stool sample before buying someone else's stool. I can also produce my own, and they're the best, and "Yuge!" :)

And, it is often said, that as one gets older, "Everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt, doesn't work!"

dalee100
09-12-2016, 04:22 PM
How would you like those machined; mill, lathe, or English wheel? What are the tolerances?

English wheel? Be there a month of Sundays. Power hammer or go home

polaraligned
09-12-2016, 04:32 PM
Copy of Swank magazine may cure them...

JRouche
09-12-2016, 05:33 PM
Hahaaa! You guys are funny... Appointment set for friday..

I am only 175lbs, shed some of my fat azz when I retired in 08. My wife still lets me partake in extracurricular activities so no DSB. No swelling or discoloration or pain when touched. Just a dull aching annoyance..

Anyway, thanks for all the responses. Ill send pics next time!!!!! JR

Black Forest
09-12-2016, 05:37 PM

I am only 175lbs, shed some of my fat azz when I retired in 08. My wife still lets me partake in extracurricular activities so no DSB. No swelling or discoloration or pain when touched. Just a dull aching annoyance..

Anyway, thanks for all the responses. Ill send pics next time!!!!! JR

I was worried that someone would say the usual as no pics then it didn't happen!:cool:

GEP
09-12-2016, 05:51 PM
PSB - Painful Sperm Backup, you need to get laid more..............

Serious go to the docs, one of my friends is now dealing with testicular cancer, they believe they caught it in time.

That happened to me a few times when i was courting years ago

Puckdropper
09-12-2016, 05:53 PM
I usually stay away from medical stuff... but in this case...

Are you sure they're not cross threaded?

boslab
09-12-2016, 06:26 PM
I did cross my legs once and twisted my bollock, could not beleive how painful crossing your legs could get, worse thing is I still do it, will I ever learn
Mark

hephaestus
09-12-2016, 06:40 PM
Maybe one of your cords and or testes
is twisted.
Reminds me of Andrew Dice Clays
1989 New Year's Eve special. He goes
in to see the doc. and said he started
juggling my coulyons, He said hey doc.
this isn't social call.

JoeLee
09-12-2016, 08:01 PM

Anyway, thanks for all the responses. Ill send pics next time!!!!! JR If they are close to this in size........ Run to the doctor !!

JL....................

https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/hotfingrs/Image_zpsw9kaiwhv.jpg

tlfamm
09-12-2016, 10:28 PM
And they say that laughter is the best medicine.

I once told the missus that the pain of getting thwacked in the balls was equal to a thousand childbirths.

The claim was not well received ...

Arcane
09-12-2016, 11:10 PM
Much truth in that, tlfamm. You often hear a woman say she'd like to have another child but you never hear a man say he'd like to get thwacked in the balls again!

A.K. Boomer
09-12-2016, 11:27 PM
If they are close to this in size........ Run to the doctor !!

JL....................

https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/hotfingrs/Image_zpsw9kaiwhv.jpg

Good luck finding a pair of speedo's for that boy, begs the question pertaining to evolution, why do we have to have our junk so damn vulnerable to attack? - esp. that poor slob, good luck trying to defend those dang things in a fight :eek:

1-800miner
09-12-2016, 11:56 PM
As a man ages the nuts will change configuration and size. Have you considered trying a different size wrench?
I see you are located in the USA so I assume you mostly use American Standard wrenches.
You may have to switch to metric in order to feel comfortable.
Try it for a few weeks and if you symptoms don't improve you may have no other option than Whitworth wrenches. ( the side effects may have you turning wrenches end for end to figure out what size they really are. Also you may start speaking with a Sir John accent that will be irreversible).

Arcane
09-13-2016, 12:57 AM
1-800miner, you can use wrenches on your nuts...but I'll continue to use wenches. :D

Black Forest
09-13-2016, 02:26 AM
Good luck finding a pair of speedo's for that boy, begs the question pertaining to evolution, why do we have to have our junk so damn vulnerable to attack? - esp. that poor slob, good luck trying to defend those dang things in a fight :eek:

Actually the reason the balls are on the outside of the body is for temperature reasons. They need to be several degrees cooler for optimal sperm cell production.

Black Forest
09-13-2016, 02:27 AM
1-800miner, you can use wrenches on your nuts...but I'll continue to use wenches. :D

Metric wenches are sure to put things right! At least that has been my experience!

oldtiffie
09-13-2016, 04:44 AM
Should "wrenches" (not?) be replaced by "wenches"?

John Stevenson
09-13-2016, 04:56 AM
Who in their right mind asks an internet forum on a subject like this before their doctor ?

Now I wonder if my doctor knows the speed and feeds for titanium ?

Rosco-P
09-13-2016, 06:13 AM
Who in their right mind asks an internet forum on a subject like this before their doctor ?

Now I wonder if my doctor knows the speed and feeds for titanium ?

+1 to the above.

This isn't the first time a question of this type has been posted and I doubt it will be the last.

Ridgerunner
09-13-2016, 06:20 AM
I had the same problem once. It was traced back to when I switched to a different style pants. They were like a cheap hotel.......................................no ballroom.

Beazld
09-13-2016, 06:40 AM
Tell your wife not to slam the dresser drawer when she puts them back in there...

GEP
09-13-2016, 07:34 AM
So I am 51 and my nutts are aching for a week now, Also have lower back pain as well as lower abdominal pain.

I normally would wait and see how things turn out, even with my BC HMO plan. I dont like medical facilities.

So my wife of many years, who happens to have her Masters in Nursing, and is current and working while my lazy ass retired has ball pain.

Bronwyn, my Wife said make an appointment. Hmmm, my nutts ache, I need an appointment.

Or, it will just go away I am thinking...JR

I did comment a couple of times to your problem. If you think about it your medical problem don't belong here on this forum. I personally am not a weiner about my condition like all the other members that put there medical problems out on the net. This forum is about machining and conditions the come up with it. OT are fine. Go to a Doctor

Weston Bye
09-13-2016, 07:59 AM
I had the same problem once. It was traced back to when I switched to a different style pants. They were like a cheap hotel.......................................no ballroom.

I'm getting sorta tired of seeing this thread at the top of the Forum. Move on, get on with life with a new pair of trousers:

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/mens/mens-pants/mens-denim-jeans/mens-denim-ballroom-jeans.aspx?feature=MN8

RichR
09-13-2016, 09:05 AM
I did comment a couple of times to your problem. If you think about it your medical problem don't belong here on this forum. I personally am not a weiner about my condition like all the other members that put there medical problems out on the net. This forum is about machining and conditions the come up with it. OT are fine. Go to a Doctor

I'm not sure I follow your use of the word weiner in this context. Did you mean:
A. weiner - slang for dick
B. Weiner - slang for Carlos Danger
C. winer - drinking problem
D. whiner - complainer
:)

1-800miner
09-16-2016, 07:26 PM
Are you back from the doctor? I can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

boslab
09-16-2016, 07:30 PM
That's odd I thought this was a closed thread? Am I hallucinating.
Mark

Mcgyver
09-16-2016, 07:40 PM
I'm not sure I follow your use of the word weiner in this context. Did you mean:
D. whiner - complainer

too funny......agree with the general sentiment though, a deletion over lock would be fine with me

If they are close to this in size..

Joe, also too funny....they would feed a couple families in china for week!

Doozer
09-16-2016, 07:53 PM
When I was younger, one day out of the blue
I had a stabbing pain in my balls, all of a sudden.
It kinda got slowly better but felt not right for a while.
Then there was a hard lump in one side.
I went to the doctor and he said some blood vessels
had got tangled up in a knot and that is what it was.
He prescribed nothing and said it happens to men sometimes
and it was OK. From then on, I ditched the tighty whiteys
in favor of something more out in the breeze. I believe the
lump is still there to this day. Sometimes it would ache,
but not for many years, so I guess all is well. But yes I did
ask the doctor what was up. Good piece of mind if you do that too.
Stay healthy.

-Doozer

brian Rupnow
09-16-2016, 08:14 PM
The cords and tissues that support your nuts CAN get twisted up. This restricts the blood supply to your nuts, and in a worst case scenario that can lead to gangrene. After that happens you are destined to sing in the choir in a very high voice. This is called a "torsion of the testes". see attached link.
http://www.healthline.com/health/testicular-torsion#Overview1

1-800miner
09-16-2016, 08:39 PM
So, what octave did you sing in?

brian Rupnow
09-16-2016, 08:51 PM
So, what octave did you sing in?
Well Jeez, Basso Profundo--what'd you think!!!

Doozer
09-16-2016, 08:58 PM
Falsetto.

GEP
09-16-2016, 09:01 PM
When I was younger, one day out of the blue
I had a stabbing pain in my balls, all of a sudden.
It kinda got slowly better but felt not right for a while.
Then there was a hard lump in one side.
I went to the doctor and he said some blood vessels
had got tangled up in a knot and that is what it was.
He prescribed nothing and said it happens to men sometimes
and it was OK. From then on, I ditched the tighty whiteys
in favor of something more out in the breeze. I believe the
lump is still there to this day. Sometimes it would ache,
but not for many years, so I guess all is well. But yes I did
ask the doctor what was up. Good piece of mind if you do that too.
Stay healthy.

-Doozer

Doozer this info does not belong here

JoeLee
09-16-2016, 09:13 PM
I thought this thread was closed too. It was fun for a while, some humor is healthy. Got to laugh once in a while but this is getting like one of those stupid reality TV shows. What's next?????

I can see it coming........... Naked And Afraid In The Home Shop !!!

JL.....................

Doozer
09-16-2016, 09:52 PM
I just thought I could help somebody
who might be afraid to go to the doctor
with their situation.

-D

A.K. Boomer
09-16-2016, 09:53 PM
The cords and tissues that support your nuts CAN get twisted up. This restricts the blood supply to your nuts, and in a worst case scenario that can lead to gangrene. After that happens you are destined to sing in the choir in a very high voice. This is called a "torsion of the testes". see attached link.
http://www.healthline.com/health/testicular-torsion#Overview1

Bri that is so true - happened to a friend of mine along time ago - kept complaining for weeks on end and finally went to see a Doc - says the Doc made him drop trow and then reaches out - grabs one of his balls and starts rotating it - then he said it was instant relief - Doc told him to stop wearing briefs and switch to boxers - let em hang and they wont get tangled/twisted...

Doozer
09-16-2016, 09:57 PM
Yes, when mine was paining, I knew how to untwist it too.
Not as weird as it sounds. Then I would shake hands with people.

-D

A.K. Boomer
09-16-2016, 10:07 PM
D. whiner - complainer

aren't we forgetting someone???

http://lucianne.com/images/lucianne/DailyPhoto/2011-06-01-SHBKD.jpg

hephaestus
09-16-2016, 11:09 PM
So has the original poster had his exam
with any results yet ?

hephaestus
09-16-2016, 11:14 PM
JRouche
If these guys give you too much grief
go over to Garage Journal, they welcome
these types of posts.

RichR
09-16-2016, 11:22 PM
aren't we forgetting someone???

http://lucianne.com/images/lucianne/DailyPhoto/2011-06-01-SHBKD.jpg

Didn't forget him Boomer. He was choice B. Google Carlos Danger.

boslab
09-17-2016, 12:52 AM
I read once about choirboys being castrated so thier voices don't break aka castrato, bloody mean if you want my opinion, I'm too old for that so falsetto it's going to be, if I can just jamb my nuts in the car door
Mark

Euph0ny
09-17-2016, 07:45 AM
I read once about choirboys being castrated so thier voices don't break aka castrato, bloody mean if you want my opinion, I'm too old for that so falsetto it's going to be, if I can just jamb my nuts in the car door
Mark

There are actually recordings of the last known castrato, Alessandro Moreschi. Remarkable voice, but what a way to get it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjvfqnD0ws

He wouldn't do in yer Welsh male voice choirs... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9huhsWsOLU

One of my favourites: https://youtu.be/itk9HrZvCnU

JRouche
09-17-2016, 02:23 PM
Haa! You guys. Yup, had an Xam, nothing life threatening. Blood, urine and stool samples along with ultrasonic of the abdomen and scrote.

All is gonna be fine, some day. For now lets drop this thread because it obviously irritates some folks and that was NOT my intention.. For those that did give informative info and humor, THANKS!! JR

Black Forest
09-17-2016, 04:20 PM
Haa! You guys. Yup, had an Xam, nothing life threatening. Blood, urine and stool samples along with ultrasonic of the abdomen and scrote.

All is gonna be fine, some day. For now lets drop this thread because it obviously irritates some folks and that was NOT my intention.. For those that did give informative info and humor, THANKS!! JR

OK but just one last poke at you!
http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab91/burnandreturn/golden%20rule_zps7xgtny9z.jpg (http://s853.photobucket.com/user/burnandreturn/media/golden%20rule_zps7xgtny9z.jpg.html)