PDA

View Full Version : has anybody got....??? (starret mic part)

chkz
07-28-2004, 10:26 PM
I hate to post about this....but i'm lookin' for an adjustment wrench for my trusty Starrett 218 mic (thats the little 1/2" model)....i've had this for a good while now and made a little leather pouch so I normally carry it around...never had a wrench for it as I got it 2nd hand someplace. Tried Starrett in Athol...they won't deal with me 'cause I'm in Canada...the Canadian office is not near so helpful....just wondering if anybody had one lying around as these wrenches usually get chucked in a heap...I'd gladly pay for it and of course whatever it cost to ship it....many thanx!

Chris

J Tiers
07-28-2004, 11:34 PM
I've got a few of that type wrench laying around that have no home. Several sizes. What size is the adjusting barrel on the 1/2"?

JCHannum
07-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Not to seem like a wise guy, but one could be filed out of flat stock in 15 mins. or less.
Good exercise in laying out and filing and aerobic too.

chkz
07-29-2004, 06:43 PM
My first reaction was to make one too...though I was going to drill out a piece of flat stock, cut it thru the hole then drill for a tiny press-fit piece of drill rod....then I got to thinking....dear god what an absolute ass-load of work to replace something that you rarely use and Starret wants 93 cents for....lol...I got so many projects on the go now it just doesn't make sense to make one.....I finally got ahold of some helpful soul at Starrett and they're mailin' one up to me....buck 'n a half all in....thanks for the offers & suggestions though...much appreciated!

Chris

sandman2234
07-29-2004, 09:29 PM
I knew I had one, and may have more, but since you found what you were looking for...

David from jax