PDA

View Full Version : Pain In The Arm update

wierdscience
07-28-2004, 08:45 PM
Went for the consult today,one problem,the doc got tied up with an emergency case and couldn't make it today so I have to wait till Friday now,oh well.

It is looking better though,the swelling went down some and it ain't near as red and blue today,I can feel where it went in and tracked off under the skin about 1-1/2",maybe it won't be so bad.

Thanks for the good luck!

ibewgypsie
07-28-2004, 11:46 PM
I had a buddy shot with a 25 automatic pistol.

The doctor said the bullet traveled up his arm following a muscle.

Reckon that chunk of steel did the same?

I got a cat scan Monday, Should I take the cat? We have a 18 pound one.

David

dsergison
07-29-2004, 12:45 AM
what are you in the mafia?

hate to see what you have done to your enemies

"I had a buddy shot....."
http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//smile.gif

abn
07-29-2004, 01:29 AM
Come on man, try the magnet thing I want to know how it works...the easy way!

Mike W
07-29-2004, 03:44 AM
"I had a buddy shot....."
That caught my eye too. http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

John Stevenson
07-29-2004, 04:18 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ibewgypsie:

I got a cat scan Monday, Should I take the cat?
David</font>

No take the front loader

ibewgypsie
07-29-2004, 10:15 AM
That rascal, lemme tell you the whole story...

He picked up a cute hitch hiker. She was wearing Daisy Duke shorts and a halter top. He decided he was going to molest her.

She pulled a pistole and shot him in the stomach. Him being a wanna-be cowboy he had on one of them rodeo belt buckles (huge and shiny) the first shot richocheted off his belt buckle and went through/UP his arm. He then went to wailing on her and sliding the car. I'd say the windshield calmed her down since he is/was a wimp and the windshield was busted. He throwed her out(or she got out) of the car onto the side of the road. The pistol was in the floorboard and he was looking for medical help. No, I was not present, nor am I aware of him spending a moment in jail for this. OR her. Sounds like Justice to me, all real assholes need to be shot once or twice to educate them to be a nicer person.

No I don't allow him around my house, wife, motorcycle, or machine shop.

Mafiaso I am not for sure. I do have friends that owe me favors thou. NOW (as Paul Harvey would say) you have heard the rest of the story.

David

Weston Bye
07-29-2004, 12:15 PM
Grandad was homesteading in northeast corner of Montana. On a horse, chasing a coyote with his 6-shooter, when the horse stepped in a gopher hole and and over they went. Gramps got up and back on the horse and continued the ride. After a while his foot felt wet so he climbs down and pulls off the boot. Dumps it over and out comes blood and a bullet. Seems the bullet entered at the hip, traveled down the leg and exited near the ankle, doing no particular serious damage on the way.

ibewgypsie
07-29-2004, 05:05 PM
Used to be carrying a pistol, everyone wanted a 1911 colt 45 auto. One buddy one night got up to go, stuck his pistol into his belt on the side and it went off.

It made the cutest red stripe down his leg.

He told me later.. you know what really scared me? I knowed it had six more right behind that first one.

Cocked and locked.. was the way to carry them old colts.

I don't think magnets pull bullets out.....

David

wierdscience
07-29-2004, 09:05 PM
I thought about the magnet thing,I even thought about the razor blade and magnet thing,but x-ray says its close to and sort of under a biggist artery,so no,I think its time for a professonal http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif

Dave,had a buddy in highschool who was clinicaly depressive,he was by himself one week and off his meds and decided to shoot himself,he got his dads .25 out and shot himself in the head,bullet lodged in the seam of his skull,he went to the hospital and after some effort they removed it and locked him up in the booby hatch for awhile till he leveled out,he told me that .25 gave him the worst headache he ever had http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif I told him just be glad it wasn't a .38

ibewgypsie
07-29-2004, 09:08 PM
I saw a 25 bullet stick in the side glass of a late 60's chrysler 4 door's rear door. It was not a bulletproof car.. Or in this case it was. I was witness to that.

Them old blow-back action 25's with the sorry ammo would bounce off a leather jacket. They were good hide away pistols. Not good for anything else.

David

CCWKen
07-29-2004, 10:57 PM
LOL... 25Cal. off the window! I once had the occasion to bounce a few rounds off a windshield that was comming at me. 38 Special! Crack, Crack, Crack. Nothing but little chips of glass and whizzing lead. I'm glad the guy decided to stop!

ibewgypsie
07-30-2004, 12:12 AM
CCW:
I was hunting in south georgia when 3 wild boars run out of the cane at me, popping them jaws and running straight for me..
Same thing,, POW POW POW POW, still coming at me.. I then slowed down the shaking on the barrel and nailed one through the lungs, (dressed out 280lbs) then shot another in the hams (longways) ( dressed out 150lbs)
That 44 Super blackhawk has killed everything it has shot.. but you still have to hit it. As loud as it is (makes the leaves fall outa the trees) the bullet still does the real damage.

I am a russian boar hunting addict for life.
I'd like to hunt with a spear and my katana. Not got the nerve or the time yet.

I love that pistol, engraved my full name in germanic script on the barrel in gold.

David

BillH
07-30-2004, 12:44 AM
Dave, your a true Adrenaline junky.

jfsmith
07-30-2004, 12:58 AM
There is this video out there, that dispells the mysths of bullets, impact and damage.

Shoot a gas tank, it won't explode. A 44 Mag will not pentrate thru a car block, the 50 M2HB round will cut thru a big car likes its not there. Many bullets are stopped in the door and the padding of the upholstery, the only dependable bullet to go thru car wind shields is the good old 45 ACP.

When I was in the Army, we had a big guy, really big thats how big. He got shoot with a 25 acp pocket pistol, the shooter emptied the magazine of 5 or 6 rounds in to this guy. The big guy was affected but not much, he killed the shooter. Moral of the story, always keep a 12 gauge with a load of deer slugs handy.

Good little movie, don't remember the name of it, but it was accurate.

Jerry

ibewgypsie
07-30-2004, 12:20 PM
JF:

Used to be I played with the PARTS cars I had out back. I'd shoot them for the fun of it.

22s and 38's are just as likely to come right back at you as penetrate a car body. 30 carbine will glance off unless straight on. 30/06 308 will punch a hole through one side then richochet around inside. 45's thou they penetrate the outside would just spray shrapnel around inside the car. they expend thier energy pretty rapidly *why I love them.

THe neatest round I have shot a car with, a french Brennke (spelling?) slug out of a 12 guage shotgun, holes through doors, insides, glass, seat, other inside, and outside looked like they were drilled with a drill. On the box it said for Police use only. Also.. in situations where penetration of walls and other obstacles is needed. I have one or two of these rounds left somewhere, thou now they are over ten years old and not reliable. The slug is in a white plastic sabot and some kinds of unknown alloy.

David

Evan
07-30-2004, 12:41 PM
Put a max load under a 150 grain mini-ball in my 50 cal Hawkin and shot a hole in 1/4" boiler plate at the dump one day. It left a crater about 4" wide with the hole in the center peeled out in splinters around the edge about 3/4" big.

CCWKen
07-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Yea, them old 38's with lead ball ammo were like throwing rocks. But, it was all we were allowed to carry at the time. Most every officer loaded at least three jacketed hollow point rounds in the cylinder. (After roll call inspection.)

9mm autos came later and were a little better. Faster and more punch. I think most police officers carry the 40cal. now. Doesn't matter what you carry anymore. On the street, you're gonna be out gunned.

ibewgypsie
07-30-2004, 11:51 PM
http://www.wholesalehunter.com/product/brenneke/brendes/koslug.htm

http://precisionreloading.com/slugs.htm

I guess they still make these, but I don't see the label "police use only" on them.

David