X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guncraft
    • May 2015

Any Good Floor Mat Buys?

I need some good floor mats for around my mil land other work areas. I would like the material to be oil resistant insomuch as oil does degrade the rubber or foam or whatever it is made of. I also would like for the mats to not be a pin cushion for chips. Also, somewhat anti-fatigue if possible. I know all of that comes with a price, but ideally they just have to be decent and not top of the line. Any mat deals out there that yo uhave seen?

Thank you!

Andy
  • MattiJ
    • Dec 2016

I really like this style because its comfortable to stand even long perioids. Bugger to clean embedded chips tough:

Local HF/homedepot-equivalent sells it quite cheaply, like around 30usd per square meter.
    Just be vary that some varieties are very SMELLY and not all are oil-resistant.

Comment

• pinstripe
      • Nov 2015

I bought some domed anti-fatigue ones and didn't like them. They "walked" across the floor as you moved around on them. I bought some flatter ones and now have the domed ones on top which stops them from moving so much. So I would check for that before you buy if you don't like your mats climbing up the sides of the machines as you use them.

Comment

• Boostinjdm
        • Mar 2011

I have an old pick up bed mat in front of my lathe. Oil does make it swell, but it sweeps up easy, stays put, and was free.

Comment

• wierdscience
          • Jan 2003

Stall mats from Tractor Supply,reasonable price,only the hottest chips stick and softer than concrete.
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

• flylo
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
            Stall mats from Tractor Supply,reasonable price,only the hottest chips stick and softer than concrete.
            +1 They are thick & easy to catch a toe but will never wear out & a good buy. If you have a Hoss machine they're great for Hoss chips

Comment

• CCWKen
              • Jan 2003

I get the neighbor kid to shovel the hoss and moo chips.

It's worth the $10 and a lunch to save my back and the ten bucks is like a hundred to him.

Comment

• Rich Carlstedt
                • Jul 2001

I don't think you will find a 'rubber" mat that does not have "hot" chips imbed in them.
                If hot chips are always present, then the solution is a wooden grid made with 1/2 x 2 lumber strips with 1/2 "-3/4" voids between them
                and cross strips every 12 to 16 inches under it. Chips fall through, and the wood flexes under your feet
                It was the only thing that worked on our Roughing lathes at work

Rich
                Green Bay, WI

Comment

• Ironwoodsmith
                  • Jun 2013

I have purchased several 3x5' on the old sale days with free shipping. I think they were $55 each discounted down to $40 with free ship. The shipping had to be expensive. They are very heavy.

Comment

• 38_Cal
                    • Dec 2007

I've been using tread sections from discarded sprint car rear racing tires for a few years, but they are starting to curl up on the ends. Tough, durable, no metal in the side walls.
                    David Kaiser
                    “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
                    ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• v860rich
                      • Oct 2008

+1 on race car tire tread sections.

THANX RICH
                      People say I'm getting crankier as I get older. That's not it. I just find I enjoy annoying people a lot more now. Especially younger people!!!

Comment

• EddyCurr
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by Rich Carlstedt View Post
                        I don't think you will find a 'rubber" mat that does not have "hot" chips imbed in them.
                        If hot chips are always present, then the solution is a wooden grid made with 1/2 x 2 lumber strips with 1/2 "-3/4" voids between them
                        and cross strips every 12 to 16 inches under it. Chips fall through, and the wood flexes under your feet
                        It was the only thing that worked on our Roughing lathes at work
                        Mr Carlstedt offers great advice. The wooden catwalk approach costs more in terms of time and money, but it is superior.

Comment

• KiddZimaHater
                          • May 2007

I once worked for a cheap boss that would stop on the highway to pick up stray mud-flaps from 18-wheelers, lying on the side of the road.
                          Those were our floor mats.

Comment

Working...
                          X