• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • _Paul_
    • Jun 2011

Lenz LPA S-2, Boring Head manual/info required please

Today I bought a 3-1/4" body

Lenz LPA S-2, Boring Head for £15 delivered, it looks very much like a Wohlhaupter in functionality

Ebay ad text: "Older 40 ISO boring head with 5/8" drawbar thread. accuracy is 1 graduation = 0.00025" takes .75"boring bars its a quality made boring head from the good old days, suit older machines with manual draw bar"

Would any of you guys have a manual or any info on one of these? it came with an ISO 40 shank and I want to change that for an R8 one.

Thanks Paul
  • IanPendle
    • Nov 2010

Paul,

Is this useful? :-

You can just dismiss the the 'join drop box etc' window and view the the scan. Click the 'direct download' under the download button to save to your computer.

See also this: http://www.model-engineer.co.uk/foru....asp?th=121232

HTH,

Ian.

Comment

• _Paul_
      • Jun 2011

Ian thats exactly what I need you have my gratitude sir.

The ISO shank appears to be screwed into a sleeve and the sleeve screwed to the head this is incredibly tight, I dont want to damage the head so now I know it is threaded on I may put the whole thing in the lathe and turn the sleeve off.

My Thanks again

Paul

Comment

• malbenbut
        • Nov 2005

I have a lenz ipa 1s boring and facing head looks identical to yours. The taper shank unscrews from the main body.
        When unscrewing it be very careful the knurled ring doesn't unscrew from the main body as there is a planetary gear and smaller gears that can be easily removed and lost. mine came with an R8 and 40int shanks. The dia of the main body is 2.70". You did not mention in your post if it has the facing facility. Lenz seem to be real quality items.

MBB

Comment

• _Paul_
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by malbenbut View Post
          I have a lenz ipa 1s boring and facing head looks identical to yours. The taper shank unscrews from the main body.
          When unscrewing it be very careful the knurled ring doesn't unscrew from the main body as there is a planetary gear and smaller gears that can be easily removed and lost. mine came with an R8 and 40int shanks. The dia of the main body is 2.70". You did not mention in your post if it has the facing facility. Lenz seem to be real quality items.

MBB
          Thanks for the heads up MBB and yes it does have the facing facility, it does seem very well made.
          Managed to get the 40 taper off by turning off the adapter piece ... quite hard material.

Top off and exposed is the planetary gears as per MBB's information, these drive the automatic facing part of the head

Paul

Comment

• IanPendle
            • Nov 2010

Hello Paul,

It looks as though all is present - for £15 (delivered !) you have got yourself a real bargain as well as a deluxe bit of kit.

Ian.

Comment

Working...
            X