PDA

View Full Version : Model Engineering shows

Cuttings
03-04-2017, 12:29 PM
Does anyone know if the GEARS show will run again in Portland?
I would love to go to NAMES but it is a bit of a hike from out here by the Pacific ocean.
Any other shows that are worth while attending?

Mr Fixit
03-04-2017, 01:43 PM
Here is the link to the Portland Model Engineers web site. No information but you might consider contacting the members listed on the site. If I can find anything more I will update to you.

TX
Mr fixit for the family
Chris. :)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.portlandmodelengineers.org/&ved=0ahUKEwjA97jhv73SAhVRwmMKHcVTBQMQFggaMAA&usg=AFQjCNHFOw1d_I5GZorygTyiCaFbLW7qHA&sig2=hgyKgbFd_7O_mAVABWODzg

ken
03-04-2017, 06:15 PM
There is talk in the club PME about getting a gears show going we will have to wait and see what is going to happen. Ken

Cuttings
03-04-2017, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the info. I went to the last one in 2015 and enjoyed it very much.
I will keep my fingers crossed that you manage to get it up and running again.

Tim Clarke
03-04-2017, 11:35 PM
Word at the last meeting of my local club, the Emerald Valley Model Engineers, is that the GEARS website has been taken down, and there won't be any more shows. I believe that the GEARS show was taken over by the friends of 4449. I wish I knew more of the history of the western Oregon shows. Looks like the PRIME show was started by members of my club, although none are still alive. (I think) This became the gears show, when it moved from Eugene, to Portland, Oregon. The mid-valley and Portland clubs ran it a few years, before it was taken over by the friends of 4449.

It would seem that the club memberships are shrinking in western Oregon. I know that my club has lost many members due to old age. Without people to do all the work involved in a show, It'll be tough to get a show going around these parts again. SIGH.

Hope I have the details right............. TC

flylo
03-04-2017, 11:50 PM
Then come on over to NAMES. I drove straight thru from Mi to Portland in 36 hours & I'll pay uour way in. When you find out how thrifty I am it will be a double treat.

Tim Clarke
03-06-2017, 12:21 AM
Then come on over to NAMES. I drove straight thru from Mi to Portland in 36 hours & I'll pay uour way in. When you find out how thrifty I am it will be a double treat.

AWWWWWW, thanks, Flylo. I have attended the last 2 years. Last year, my friend and I shared a table with our humble display. Our display featured a one of a kind Dalton lathe on a cast iron cabinet stand. Remember it? Is was black, restored, and beautiful.

Regards, TC