PDA

View Full Version : Lathe lamp on CL

martik
03-07-2017, 04:31 AM
Unbelievable! Not to mention a waste of a good lathe.

https://victoria.craigslist.ca/fuo/5955507950.html

plastikosmd
03-07-2017, 06:20 AM
The repurpose doesn't bother me too much. The price? Wow. 1 to many zeros. Good for him if he can get it

Paul Alciatore
03-07-2017, 03:44 PM
Some fool will probably pay that. I wonder about the safety factor.

Mcgyver
03-07-2017, 05:18 PM
Come on Manzoni canned his own sh1t and sold it for $50,000, so while unpleasant its not outrageous. I think with something like you have ask a stupid number.....nobody would be tricked into thinking it was "art" if you want $35 for it. Get it in a shi-shi gallery d/t maybe, on cg it should in the good-luck catagory

Not my taste, but the re purpose is ok if it was a rusted basket case.

becksmachine
03-07-2017, 05:55 PM
Can't believe I would ever say it, but there is one machine tool that would be serving a higher purpose if it did get melted down to make Toyotas.

Dave

partsproduction
03-07-2017, 06:31 PM
We had a discussion about it in PM antique section. This appears to me at least to be a very rare lathe, perhaps even a prototype that never made it to market. There are many people in PM who take a sick delight in figuring out what names go to which obscure old lathes, but no one was able to identifify that.
I contacted the seller and he (She?) knows nothing about lathes, so no help there. It is just larger than many WW lathes, and a mystery. No, it should be carefully researched and preserved in my opinion, which won't happen at that price.