PDA

View Full Version : 42% OT - Making Springs and Making Ketchup

Dan_the_Chemist
03-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Last May This Old Tony did a video on making springs in the home shop. It is a great parody of "How It's Made"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAawhg6JtyY&t=412s

For a long time I thought of it as the best send up of "How It's Made" on YouTube. I finally found a better one. It's not about machining - it's about making ketchup (which is why this posting is 42% OT). It's well worth watching even though it's OT. It's even funnier than a ferret that's been fed Ex Lax, No Doze and jalapeno peppers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtRT6hjXfWg

Okay Tony... time to get off your laurels and meet or exceed expectations !!! After all, you got 100,000 subscribers all breathlessly waiting for your next video.

darryl
03-09-2017, 01:43 AM
I can hardly wait to see how Buckleys Mixture is made-

Highpower
03-09-2017, 05:55 AM
I don't think 9 year old kids are in Tony's demographic.

blckbx
03-09-2017, 06:31 AM
A must see for motorcycle enthusiasts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft1IkFZkJts

lynnl
03-09-2017, 08:12 AM
[QUOTE=Dan_the_Chemist;1104262]
I finally found a better one. It's not about machining - it's about making ketchup (which is why this posting is 42% OT). It's well worth watching even though it's OT. It's even funnier than a ferret that's been fed Ex Lax, No Doze and jalapeno peppers.

Funny??? I saw absolutely no humor in that at all! ...or perhaps the funny part was at the very end; I quit it after about a minute..

RichR
03-09-2017, 10:29 AM
... - it's about making ketchup (which is why this posting is 42% OT). It's well worth watching even though it's OT.

That was interesting. I knew about the cocaine and urine. What I didn't know was they used the sewage system as a backup supply. I thought
they only used fresh squeezed.:rolleyes:

Puckdropper
03-09-2017, 06:18 PM
Funny??? I saw absolutely no humor in that at all! ...or perhaps the funny part was at the very end; I quit it after about a minute..

Don't go looking for it, but the funniest part is where the narrator says something to the effect of "they push the big vat of red stuff into a machine where a man waits to push a button. (pause) There, he's pushed it."

If you have Prime Video, go looking for "How Do They Do It?" a show similar to How It's Made but with lots of jokes thrown in.

lynnl
03-10-2017, 08:30 AM
If you have Prime Video, go looking for "How Do They Do It?" a show similar to How It's Made but with lots of jokes thrown in.

Not sure what your term "Prime Video" means here, But I used to see "How Do They Do It" on TV, but no more - I've wondered where it went. Still get "How It's Made."

Puckdropper
03-11-2017, 08:15 AM
Not sure what your term "Prime Video" means here, But I used to see "How Do They Do It" on TV, but no more - I've wondered where it went. Still get "How It's Made."

Argh... Got the name wrong. Looks like the show's name is "How Did They Make That?".

Prime Video refers to Amazon's Prime Streaming Video service.

jamby
03-11-2017, 06:47 PM
I don't know. Maybe its the years on a crotch rocket but I vote for the motorcycle oil change.

Jim