PDA

View Full Version : OT - Photoshop Problems

BigBoy1
03-10-2017, 08:05 AM
I'm trying to upload a video file to PhotoBucket of my latest project. Every time I try to upload the file, the upload stops at 90% completed. It just sits there and doesn't upload any further. I've let it sit for up to 15 minutes and it won't complete the upload. I've tried it 6 times and it does the same thing each time. The file is not large and my PhotoBucket library is only 18% full. Any suggestions on what is going on and how to fix it? Thanks.

CCWKen
03-10-2017, 08:51 AM
I know nothing about PS but found this: https://phlearn.com/how-to-edit-video-in-photoshop
Perhaps it has something to do with exceeding allowed layers of a stacked image. :confused:

SGW
03-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Lacking any other ideas, I might try converting the file to a different format, then trying to get PhotoShop to read it.

I think this converter program has a free trial period, if you don't already have a converter program: http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html

lakeside53
03-10-2017, 11:59 AM
Do you mean Photoshop or Photobucket?

Paul Alciatore
03-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Photoshop or Photobucket for that matter are primarily intended for still images,not videos. And even for still images, I find them to be difficult to use.

There are many video editing programs out there, some inexpensive and some even free. I would suggest that you choose one such program and download it. Try your file there. And who knows, you may (probably will) like it even better than Photoshop for video editing.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=video+editing+programs&pc=MOZI&form=MOZTSB

greystone
03-11-2017, 11:28 AM
Give details please...

Photoshop should load anything, but...
there are tons of critical technical issues.

E.
A big video might not load because you dont have enough virtual memory or scratch space on the disc specced in PS (its a ps setting).
About 4x file size.
Size of file, format, intent, anything/details can help us help You, and anything can be the critical-path.

Like most IT issues, it is an exponential-path problem with non-obvious and often non-logical parameters, often not easy to see.
I suggest checking scratch-disk assignment, making sure it has 20GB or more or + 4xfile-size space and is different from main op-sys drive, and main drive has minimum 2x file-size free space.

If video file is 1 GB.
Scratch disk should be D:, etc, with 4x 1Gb free.
C: should have 2 GB+ free.
Adjust for 10GB files+ as needed.

Likewise, codecs may be affected/critical.
What is source of files ?
Did they work before ?
Can you get a tiny file to work ?

E.g. from videocam, get 5 sec video of wall, then try with that.

If You want/need, I can remote in and try to help via Teamviewer etc.
Free naturally, to all here.
Up to You.
I am in Spain, GMT+2.

BigBoy1
03-12-2017, 07:39 AM
Sorry for the problem in my original post. I should have said PhotoBucket. I was trying to up load a video so I could attached it to a post. I'll try to correct my original posting.

CCWKen
03-12-2017, 11:00 AM
Too late. You've already been tagged less than genius. :)