PDA

View Full Version : Nothing going on around here

true temper
03-17-2017, 08:42 AM
Last Friday I broke my foot, dropped a chunk of wood on it. Saturday foot in the air watching my best friend, dog die of cancer, this week selling a big part of my 19 year old buisiness, the real money making part of it, still trying to work selling due to health reasons. Other that not much going on around here.

malbenbut
03-17-2017, 09:08 AM
Things can only get better.

MBB

vpt
03-17-2017, 09:14 AM
Sorry to hear your bad luck. Hang in there buddy, bad times don't last forever.

rkepler
03-17-2017, 11:57 AM
Life is about change, nothing living remains truly static. Embrace the changes, absorb them, make them a part of the mosaic of experience that make you who you are. I just retired and in the past have been put up from major damage needing surgery (4 times) lost dogs from old age or cancer (9 times) and sold businesses I really liked that were killing me from overwork (only once). I'm still here and reasonably happy (somewhat grumpy at having to repair stuff but it beats buying new stuff).

Fasttrack
03-17-2017, 12:04 PM
Hang in there, man! Sometimes life sucks but I reckon the bad times make the good times that much better. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway.

true temper
03-17-2017, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the kind words, just needed to vent a bit. Just a lot hit at once.

DATo
03-17-2017, 08:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoaktW-Lu38

Evan
03-18-2017, 01:22 AM
Three years ago my doctor told me I had maybe two years to live. Rainy season is just about over. Time to oil my bike and get some serious exercise.

malbenbut
03-18-2017, 05:00 AM
Three years ago my doctor told me I had maybe two years to live. Rainy season is just about over. Time to oil my bike and get some serious exercise.

Are you dead then?

MBB

dave_r
03-18-2017, 05:46 AM
Are you dead then?

MBB

Ssshhhh.. Don't tell anyone in his neighborhood, because there'll be some wack job that will shoot him in the head and when the cops come and arrest him, he'll say "Well, that's how you kill a zombie. What else was I supposed to do?"

flylo
03-18-2017, 10:07 AM
Life can change in a second, mine did & you never realize how good you have it until your health goes. So all you healthy guys don't take it for granted, enjoy it while you have it.

Evan
03-18-2017, 02:06 PM
George Bernard Shaw: "Youth is wasted on the young"

CCWKen
03-18-2017, 02:53 PM
I spent most of February and early March in a near Zombie state. Was feeling an occasional chill, headache and sniffles in early February. Loaded up with vitamin C like I usually do when feeling a cold coming on. I went down hard on Feb. 10th sick as a dog. Spent the next two weeks trying to keep down a half a piece of dry toast and water in the mornings and the other half in the evenings. It finally hit me in the chest and had a hard time catching my breath. Finally got some antibiotics for the sinus infection/pneumonia. Seems like I just woke up and it was March 1st and all the trees had leaves and everything was green. I couldn't tell you much of what happened during that month of illness. I was out of it. Had to drop one RA med as it caused a nearly constant nose bleed every time I blew my nose. I did well to get from the bed to the bathroom and back. Just now building back strength enough to walk a little in the grocery store and around the yard. Heart rate has been in the 100-115 range but BP is normal. Blood O2 was low at 90-92. Probably why the heart rate is up. I'm due to start new RA meds (shots) Wednesday after my appointment on Monday, if they give the go-ahead. I'm a month behind starting due to the illness.

I had my flu and pneumonia vaccines back in November but it sure didn't do much good. I hear there's new strain of flu and bacterial infections going around in this area. Doctor said that nearly the whole town of Lytle had it and they closed the schools two weeks early for spring break. Most kids were out with it too. About the only good that came out of it was I STOPED SMOKING! Went cold-turkey with the illness.

Evan
03-18-2017, 03:42 PM
The current flu vaccine has about 50% effectiveness. That isn't very good although better than many in the past. It is a crap shoot when they decide what vaccine to make each year.

Also, if you regularly take the vaccine then do not stop taking it. They have discovered that those who do take it every year have a higher risk of flu if they miss it the next year.

CCWKen
03-18-2017, 04:10 PM
That was the first time I've had the vaccines. My RA doctor suggested it since the RA meds I was taking then substantially disrupted my immune system. Before this bout, I can't even remember the last time I had the flu. Must be 10+ years or more. Maybe 3-4 since I had a mild cold. Whatever this was, it was no usual flu or cold.

I'll most likely stick with the shots every year now. They're free so what the hay. :)

Guido
03-18-2017, 04:47 PM
Free? flu shot two days before Thanksgiving 2008, missed all of December and January of 09, woke up watching Super Bowl early February09, moved to PT March 1 to relearn walking.

Thanks to Guillain Barre Syndrome (GBS) and 1.6 M Medicare. Anyone else??????

flylo
03-18-2017, 05:07 PM
I had MRSA they almost couldn't cure that was caused by an injection in a doctors office, may have been a flu shot or blood test but everyone be very aware of getting shots or blood drawn. I was told by the MRSA experts to have the injection site wiped 100 times but no way will they do that but I've watched them get careless & start to take blood or give an injection with no wipe at all. So keep an eye out for they're complacency.

Evan
03-18-2017, 05:20 PM
I had MRSA they almost couldn't cure that was caused by an injection in a doctors office

Exactly why I am refusing to go in for some more testing. I am having a silent argument with the doctor that wants me to have yet another test done. It is gone and there is no question. Our medical system is under severe load due to lack of doctors and when that happens people make mistakes, lots of them. Everybody is overworked to the max and I refuse to expose myself to anything at all that could harm my health. I now feel very healthy for the first time in many years and I want it to stay that way.