PDA

View Full Version : OT winch remote

deltap
03-17-2017, 11:57 AM
I'm working on something that requires two winches to operate in tandem from one remote. Is this possible? Is it just a matter of programming dip switches to the same frequency? Does anyone have knowledge on how this works?

lakeside53
03-17-2017, 12:16 PM
Even if it works will they run at the same speed? DC or AC winches?

Not knowing your application.. but I'd think two remotes would be better - just so you can adjust each as required. With some head-scratching you likely could wire them so it was either/or with additional button(s) for combined use or separate remote button use

dave_r
03-17-2017, 02:28 PM
It really depends on how precisely they need to operate in tandem...

yeah, they are unlikely to run at exactly the same speed (particularly if they run off batteries), and there will be slight differences based on how the wire comes off the coil.

If it has to be really precise, you may need to add an intermediate controller that tracks how much cable is actually released/retracted, and then operates the two winches based on that.

But to do specifically what you want, you might need to make a controller that actually winds up operating two remotes embedded in it (so you push a button, and it pushes two buttons inside the box, or is wired to close two switches).

Tobias-B
03-19-2017, 12:03 AM
You'd really want A/C chainmotors for that. They do a pretty good job- but even then, the pickle has switches to let you run them individually.
D/C motors will have too much variability for anything synchronized...

...if I'm not making it more complicated than it is.

t