PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of the go-well manufacting company Taiwan?

tbsrokks05
03-20-2017, 01:36 AM
https://image.ibb.co/bLf6Qa/IMG_20170319_230743036_HDR.jpghttps://image.ibb.co/eQ0Udv/IMG_20170211_014233655.jpg
I have this mill made by the go well manufacturing company in 1979 taiwan.I cannot find any refrence of this company anywhere .It looks like a lot of mill drills out there . Just wondering if anyone remembers this company if they changed names or got bought out

tbsrokks05
03-20-2017, 02:12 AM
For all I know could be a 1979 harbor freight special

RichR
03-20-2017, 02:31 AM
Not familiar with the company, but would you please rescale your pictures before posting them. Instead of 3006 x 5344 maybe shoot for
something around 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768.

tbsrokks05
03-20-2017, 03:04 AM
My bad about the photos posting on my phone doesn't look that big on here I,Iooks very similar tho to a jet 16 or a rong fu 30 both made in Taiwan it's probrarly just a rebranded Rong fu but I'm still not sure

danlb
03-20-2017, 11:29 AM
Taiwan went through a period in the 70s where they made a lot of machines for export. They still do, but China and India have taken over that niche.

The names of the companies were often humorous. Many were literal translations of the chinese name to english. My mill (also from Taiwan in 1979) is labeled "Standard Machinery Mfg". In the past I've seen "Happy Flower" and "Sun Glow" brands too. :)

Don't expect to find any online mention of the company. I found a California company formed in 1982 by that exact name, but the corporate license shows as suspended.

Don't be lulled into thinking that is just like some popular model that "it looks like". Very common practice is to copy an existing design, and some do them very faithfully while others make rough approximations.

Dan

tbsrokks05
03-20-2017, 03:15 PM
Taiwan went through a period in the 70s where they made a lot of machines for export. They still do, but China and India have taken over that niche.

The names of the companies were often humorous. Many were literal translations of the chinese name to english. My mill (also from Taiwan in 1979) is labeled "Standard Machinery Mfg". In the past I've seen "Happy Flower" and "Sun Glow" brands too. :)

Don't expect to find any online mention of the company. I found a California company formed in 1982 by that exact name, but the corporate license shows as suspended.

Don't be lulled into thinking that is just like some popular model that "it looks like". Very common practice is to copy an existing design, and some do them very faithfully while others make rough approximations.

Dan

That makes sense
Can't complain tho picked this machine for 350 and after some new spindle bearings Dro and a good cleaning this machine runs greats I just learned real quick with these machines leave a tourque wrench around to tighten up the bolts on the head so it doesn't move on ya