PDA

View Full Version : Travers 1 day sale 30% off

lakeside53
03-20-2017, 09:18 PM
http://www.travers.com/?utm_campaign=170320%20opens%20sitewide%20(spring)&utm_content=620580806&utm_medium=email&utm_source=emailvision

use coupon code SPRING

Through 3pm 3/21

"up to 30%" l Online order only.

Wish I known about that last week when I dropped $280 on dovetail cutter and inserts.

bborr01
03-21-2017, 12:16 AM
I hope you have better luck with your Travers dovetail cutters than I did. I bought a couple of new old stock 1 3/8 60 degree cutters off of Ebay. Brand new in the box. Put the first one in and started cutting with it and it broke almost instantly. It was easy to see that it was broken most of the way through from heat treat before it was ever ground. I contacted Travers and they said because I didn't buy it from them they wouldn't do a thing for me. You would think they would want to look at the cutter and alter their process as it was easy to see why it broke. It had a sharp ground corner right where it broke. I won't be in a big hurry to buy anything else with there name on it, even at 30% off.

Brian

MattiJ
03-21-2017, 03:53 AM
I hope you have better luck with your Travers dovetail cutters than I did. I bought a couple of new old stock 1 3/8 60 degree cutters off of Ebay. Brand new in the box. Put the first one in and started cutting with it and it broke almost instantly. It was easy to see that it was broken most of the way through from heat treat before it was ever ground. I contacted Travers and they said because I didn't buy it from them they wouldn't do a thing for me. You would think they would want to look at the cutter and alter their process as it was easy to see why it broke. It had a sharp ground corner right where it broke. I won't be in a big hurry to buy anything else with there name on it, even at 30% off.

Brian

Could be that they are already aware of the problem and maybe the crappy quality of the particular batch is the exact reason they ended up on ebay..

6PTsocket
03-21-2017, 05:40 AM

Brian
What about the ebay protection or complaint to the seller or PayPal? Fear of a bad review seems to move a lot of sellers to make it right.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Joe_B
03-21-2017, 07:16 AM
"UP TO 30%" I smell MSC tactics. I put some stuff in my cart and I only got around 12% off. Still have not found anything that gets the full 30.

Highpower
03-21-2017, 09:33 AM
Thanks (I think?) for that lakeside.

I was going to order a bunch of Noga countersink tools from them last week, but emptied my cart when I saw the total.
I didn't get the full 30% today but 27% is close enough for me.

lakeside53
03-21-2017, 11:42 PM

Brian

Oh... I didn't buy their import version... I bought a Dorian and the Dorian $$ inserts

ncjeeper
03-22-2017, 12:51 AM
"UP TO 30%" I put some stuff in my cart and I only got around 12% off.
Hah me too. Then it wanted to charge me 7% sales tax. :confused: I didn't complete my order and going to get it off of Ebay instead.