PDA

View Full Version : Punching holes

FM
08-07-2004, 07:22 PM
I have the need to build a hydralic punch press to punch 1'' holes in 1/4'' steel.I beleive it would take about 40 tons. Does anyone have any plans to build one . Thanks

ibewgypsie
08-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Check on ebay, they have pexto and other brand ironworker punches that are cheaper and better than anything you can build. they are heavy thou expect to pay $50 for one and another 30 for shipping..

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 11-09-2005).]

Artpro
08-07-2004, 08:38 PM
My Dreis & Krump slide chart says 1" hole in 1/4 mild steel = 20 Tons, and less if step punch is employed. Dave Cofer (abov) is in GA. He just might be willing to do a few of them for free, just for a reason to play with his new ironworker.

[This message has been edited by Artpro (edited 08-07-2004).]

ibewgypsie
08-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Ironworker is not going into my personal shop, but into the building we are renting. So is the cnc machine (unless a buyer comes along).

A trailer manufacturer has been chasing us to build thier line of trailer..I still want to take the contracts to the lawyer before I say okay.. Read that , something is wrong with this deal.. I know I can build a nice harley, I know I can weld as good as most people can, but.. I suspect something with this outfit..

The hole punch I recomended is a table top model, the one I bought today is a 500 pound model..

------------------
David Cofer, Of:
Tunnel Hill, North Georgia

wierdscience
08-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Look for a UNI-punch frame and stick it under a shop press.