PDA

View Full Version : Air Compressor Settlement?

pgmrdan
08-11-2004, 06:25 PM

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 09-02-2004).]

sch
08-11-2004, 06:40 PM
What was the offer? 20cuft of compressed
air for the class members and $5000 to the
'plaintiffs' and $5M to the lawyers?

Got an email notice from Paypal recently over class action for users in a limited
time frame: $50 if you were a qualifying
member of the class, $15k to the two
original plaintiffs and 3.5M to the lawyers.
Total amount about $9M from Paypal, if all
the class members respond (most don't in
these things but the lawyers charge for the
effort of trying to track them down and
run up the fee a bit more). Steve

zl1byz
08-11-2004, 07:03 PM
Yea I'd like to know what all this is about too? I got the PayPal message. I couldn't understand how they had wronged me. Decided it all sounded to good to be true, so far have ignored it. I don't want there money, they haven't done me any wrong as far as I can see. Seem's like daylight robbery to me. Look's like the lawyers don't mind though.

[This message has been edited by zl1byz (edited 08-11-2004).]

zl1byz
08-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Opps

[This message has been edited by zl1byz (edited 08-11-2004).]

J Tiers
08-11-2004, 11:17 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by zl1byz:
Seem's like daylight robbery to me. Look's like the lawyers don't mind though.

</font>

That must be the understatement of the week. But it sure is true.

I think most of the class action suits are BS.

I am NOT in favor of getting rid of them, though (class action suits OR lawyers). No sense outlawing water just because someone committed a murder by drowning the victim.

They have their place, if they didn't exist, some other lowlife would be freer to mess over the rest of us.

Evan
08-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Legal system, lawyers, insurance... Grrrr.

x39
08-11-2004, 11:29 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evan:
Legal system, lawyers, insurance... Grrrr.</font>

I'll go along with that. There should be a law making lawyers liable for triple the defendant's expenses in any case they lose.

speedy
08-12-2004, 12:08 AM
And where on Gods` earth will you find a lawyer to draft that? Don`t you realise the law is written by lawyers for lawyers and implemented by polititions (most likely ex- lawyers http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//eek.gif http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//rolleyes.gif.

Ken NZ

darryl
08-12-2004, 12:11 AM
Grrrrr-

speedy
08-12-2004, 08:34 AM
Darryl, Sit!!, Stay!! You cannot bite that nice(?) lawyer man http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//biggrin.gif http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//wink.gif

Ken NZ

lynnl
08-12-2004, 09:12 AM
Hey, it's the electorate that keeps handing the power to the bastards.

scooter
08-12-2004, 11:46 AM
The First Thing We Do Is Kill All the Lawyers -- William Shakespeare

Evan
08-12-2004, 11:59 AM
Cade: I thank you, good people: there shall be no money; all shall eat and drink on my score; and I will apparel them all in one livery, that they may agree like brothers, and worship me their lord.

Dick: The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

Cade: Nay, that I mean to do. Is not this a lamentable thing, that of the skin of an innocent lamb should be made parchment? That parchment, being scribbled o'er, should undo a man? Some say the bee stings; but I say, 'tis the bee's wax, for I did but seal once to a thing, and I was never mine own man since.

Kansas_Farmer
08-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Air compressor settlement?? What idiot did something stupid with his compressor this time? Dare I even ask this question?

sch
08-12-2004, 12:41 PM
The air compressor thing was over the
strange numbers air compressor folk put
on their motors: "6.5 peak HP" out of
a motor drawing 12amps from a 110v line
and such. Once one company (Sears?)
started the ball rolling, other companies
that supplied the retail market followed
suit, aided by the big box sales outlets
that proliferated past 15 or so years.
This was not limited to air compressors
and electrics as we all know, the gas
engined machinery (eg lawn mowers, garden
tractors), wood working machines especially saws and routers, and vacuum cleaners, not to mention Detroit were all involved in inflated power numbers for their motive devices. Air compressors manufacturers got hit first. Steve

zl1byz
08-12-2004, 02:52 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pgmrdan:
Have any of you participated in the air compressor settlement that was posted here months ago?

I want to make sure it legitimate before I sign up. If you did participate, did it work out OK?

Thanks,
Dan</font>

Ok so now we have had a bit of fun with the lawyers and we have been refreshed on what the compressor settlement was about. Can anyone answer Dan's original questions?

Sorry Dan soon as I mentioned lawyers the thread got derailed and the pack was out. he he

pgmrdan
08-12-2004, 02:59 PM

jfsmith
08-12-2004, 03:01 PM
This is the thread I started. Here is the info:

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//Forum1/HTML/005996.html

zl1byz
08-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Glad your sorted Dan.

Now I know it's a bit OT but can anyone tell me in simple words what PayPal did to get sued?
Sorry I'm a bit slow and didn't follow there pages of weasel words.
I'm not interested in following it up.
I just found it a bit frustrating, kind of like some one telling a joke and you don't get the punch line.

Cheers, John.

pgmrdan
08-12-2004, 04:06 PM

Kansas_Farmer
08-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Heh, cool! I bought a 2 cylinder Cambell Hausfeld compressor 2 years ago. I guess I qualify.

Nope, I'm not gonna sign up, I don't care if it said it had 500 hp on the side. It compresses air and runs my impact gun just fine.

Evan
08-12-2004, 04:37 PM
"PayPal did not appropriately communicate about customer transactions and did not appropriately process limits that were placed on some customer accounts."

CCWKen
08-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Sad thing is, they're still advertising 5-7hp compressors that run on 120v.

zl1byz
08-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Thank's Evan. Hummm, well I don't have any beef with them.

As for the compressor thing, why worry about HP it's CFM that counts isnt it?

Of course we all realise who pays the bill for all this mumbo jumbo BS. Thats the customer next time he buys some goods the margins will be that little bit more. They have to be or the company goes out of business.

Cheers, John.