PDA

View Full Version : Posting 3D cad models on this forum

brian Rupnow
08-07-2017, 01:11 PM
Now that Photobucket has gone all weird on me, I have switched over to Imageshack . Now I'm finding that with Imageshack it doesn't allow me to insert a 3d cad image directly into a forum post. It will post a link, but not the actual image. Many people don't want to click on a link, and with all the strange viruses out there, I don't really blame them. Are there any good alternatives out there that will allow me to insert a 3d cad image directly into the forum?---Brian

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/3594/in0cAs.jpg

Tim in D
08-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Brian, maybe if you save your CAD as a .jpeg or other photo-type file the host will accept it. ???

Tim in D

brian Rupnow
08-07-2017, 02:14 PM
Tim--I am saving them to .jpeg format before uploading them.

J Tiers
08-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Tim--I am saving them to .jpeg format before uploading them.

Then your host (Imageshack) must not allow direct linking, because there is no way for anything to know it is a 3D model picture as opposed to a picture of a kitten or puppy, or just Junior in the pool.

George Bulliss
08-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Brian,

You need to put IMG inside of brackets such as this, [] at the beginning of the link you copied and then put /IMG in the same brackets at the end. (Note, I can't show the exact format of the IMG code because the software will think it's a photo...)

I just tossed the modified link into your OP. Go into edit and take a look at what I did to the original link.

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/3594/in0cAs.jpg

brian Rupnow
08-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Thanks George

CCWKen
08-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Then your host (Imageshack) must not allow direct linking, because there is no way for anything to know it is a 3D model picture as opposed to a picture of a kitten or puppy, or just Junior in the pool.
Don't know of Imageshack does it but "they" certainly CAN tell if the photo contains a face, a body and whether the body has clothes. Software can differentiate between a person and an animal as well as inanimate objects. It can tell the difference between a cat and dog as well as identify the breed. They're so good at it now, it can be done from SPACE! :)

Royldean
08-08-2017, 09:17 AM
does this board allow for "code" tags? If so, you should see the image tags around this text

Edit: Success, it does work.