PDA

View Full Version : Craftex Band Saws

GunnySnow
08-17-2004, 11:40 PM
Hello list,

Anyone here have or use the 7" x 12" Craftex band saws? Model# B1108N

I am thinking about buying one, but am not sure if its worth the $999 they are asking

Please let me know what you think?

Gunny

gundog
08-18-2004, 06:55 PM
Hi Gunny,
I am not sure about that brand but I just bought a horizontal band saw 7x12 from Enco for $649 with free delivery. Regular price was $799 + $150 for delivery. I am happy with the saw. I have no stake in Enco but I am happy with my saw.
Mike

torker
08-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Gunny...That'd probably be $999 Canadian $ right? Can't say about the 7X12 but I got a 4X6 Craftex last year w/swivel head and I really like it. Like others say...this is the most used tool in my shop now. I added a coolant system and hydro lowering unit.
Russ

Al Flipo
08-19-2004, 05:14 PM
Good little saw for the money, I used it, and was quite impressed by it. Busy Bee I presume, on sale? Get some bi-metal blades and you’re off to the races.

8ntsane
08-20-2004, 04:53 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GunnySnow:
Hello list,

Anyone here have or use the 7" x 12" Craftex band saws? Model# B1108N

I am thinking about buying one, but am not sure if its worth the $999 they are asking

Please let me know what you think?

Gunny</font>

I have that exact band saw your thinking of buying. Got mine from busy-bee tools. The only problem Ive had with mine is the vise slips when doing angle cuts,and the quick release thing pops free some times when your cutting, not a good thing. Minor mods to fix both problems.The coolant hose also needs re routeing , or the coolant drips all over the floor. Again, easy to fix. All and all, a good saw once ya work the bugs out.

------------------